We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

domestic flights

hong kong
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Topic
domestic flights

I plan to buy the domestic air tickets through air Mandalay. But the website can't show the flight information so i can't book any flight. I send email to Air mandalay but no reply for more than 4 days. Can somebody tell me how can i buy the domestic air tickets. thanks a lot.

yangon
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: domestic flights

Through the agent. Usually , they never reply.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
798 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: domestic flights

Their site certainly looks as if it's not working quite right, fairly standard really. As above says, use an agent, you'll have a much higher chance of them replying & the tickets will be cheaper, there's plenty listed on their website.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
88 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: domestic flights

I just returned from my Myanmar holiday. We took a total of 4 domestic flights, 2 on Air Mandalay and 2 on Air Bagan. I can tell you that you should use an agent to book your internal flights as we did.

We let our agent book the flights for us then paid him on our arrival to Yangon (he met us at the airport). Also the agent can tell you the best routing to take depending on your itinerary. I found out that Air Mandalay only has one plane, so if there is any trouble with the aircraft, your entire vacation could be put in jeopardy. I tried to contact the airlines the directly but they never replied to me as well.

Anyway, if your interested in a reliable and professional agent in Myanmar I would be happy to share his contact info with you, just PM me.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
485 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: domestic flights

Hasn''t Air Mandalay added a couple of planes to their fleet since the 2010 grounding and airline relaunch?

Edited: 02 January 2011, 17:24
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: domestic flights

what is the condition of the planes in Burma? How old the crafts are?

Edited: 02 January 2011, 22:04
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
88 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: domestic flights

I understood Air Myanmar still only had on plane from talking with the agent that helped us. The planes I flew on did not appear any older/worn out than any other aircraft I flew on in recent times but of course physical appearance is only a small indicator of the companies commitment to upkeep and maintenance which can not be seen. I however learned that its a good idea to stay away from Myanma Airways entirely as there fleet is definitely old and not kept well.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: domestic flights

hot_suitcase,

thank you a lot. I am afraid to fly in 3rd world countries after my bad experience in Dominican Republic(I was holding opening door all flight) and in Peru(only some companies). I am really scared...

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
798 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: domestic flights

That certainly used to be the case before December 2010, the government run Myanma Airways has the most modern fleet in Myanmar now after replacing their two 40yr old Fokker F27s with a couple of Xian MA60s:

mizzima.com/business/4640-myanma-airways-two…

There'll be getting even more advanced in the near future as it looks like they're penned in to buy these ATJ-21 jets:

eversion.news-eleven.com/index.php…

Air Mandalay's current fleet comprises of two ATRs, one apparently new & one overhauled, it may have changed now as there's been some leasing & stuff going on between airlines of late.

forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php…

This site looks fairly on the ball, the Airbus A310s have been sitting gathering moss at the end of the airport for quite sometime now so they're not in operation.

www.planespotters.net/Airline/Air-Bagan

A couple of disclaimers: I'm not a plane or train spotter! I don't own any binoculars! I'm not a member of The Aviation Forum....but obviously have far too much time on my hands;-)time for a beer I reckon!!!

Edited: 03 January 2011, 04:55
U.S.
Level Contributor
123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: domestic flights

hot_suitcase, which agent did you use? Do you have contact information? Thanks.

hong kong
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: domestic flights

air mandalay has replied me the email directly and gave me a booking #. Then i send them an email to check where can i get the air ticket. It's over 1 week, they didn't reply me. not sure how to do.