We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi maximun pax

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi maximun pax

Hello, I have been following this forum for information on Yangon. It is very informative & helpful.

I'm traveling with my friends (6 of us) to Yangon on 31/12/10. I was wondering if a taxi will fit us all in for the a/port transfer & city tours/travel.

Also we are staying at Micasa Hotel & will be arriving late in the evening. Any suggestion on Dinner & possible places for countdown?

Appreciate all your advise . Thank you.

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi maximun pax

If you hire a van, it can fit all of you. But not for the regular taxi. It can fit at most four. Then you are not going to take only transfer but also city tour . So you better contact to a travel agent. There are some agencies offering chauffeur driven car hire service. I think it is more suitable for your group. The price may be slightly higher. If you still want to do yourself, there are some vans at Golden Swallow taxi group. You can find them very easily in the terminal.

Micasa is a little bit far from the city center. Walk a little bit up to Yankin junction. May be 20 min walk. There are some nice Chinese restaurants around there.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi maximun pax

Thank you for the information. I have check that the taxi fare is around USD4 from a/port to Micasa, so I presume the van should not be more than USD8.

I think it's a bit late for us to have a qoute from a travel agent.

Thanks again for the information.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi maximun pax

L'Opera is a nice Italian restaurant not far from Micasa & situated right on Inya Lake. Head to Inya Lake Hotel, turn right just before the entrance to the hotel & you can't miss it, a taxi from Micasa will cost you no more than a 1000k, it's signposted up so you can't get lost.

I believe the Micasa has an ok tapas bar amongst others. Check out this informative thread, it should give you plenty of choices:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294191-i9454-k3…

Have a great NYE in Yangon.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi maximun pax

Thank you for the suggestion. I hope to have a wonderful time & good start of the year at Yangon.

Happy New Year!

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
43 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi maximun pax

We will arrive Yangon at around 7.30pm.(mid of June). Is van (micro bus) available at the airport and how much it will cost to go to Traders Hotel? Can anybody tell the present conversion rate of Kyat with US$? Where is the better place for exchange?

Also pls let me know, if there is any good but not expensive restaurant nearby Traders?

Thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi maximun pax

How much is the taxi fare from the airport to Thamada Hotel? Can anyone assist me pls?

Thanks

Francis

Yangon (Rangoon...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi maximun pax

Hi yokozuna ,

From airport to Thamada hotel will cost you 8 US$.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi maximun pax

Thanks Thantzin. Can we hire a taxi for the day? How much would that be?

9. Re: Taxi maximun pax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Yangon (Rangoon)