We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

I am going to Yangon as a volunteer for three months. I have a tourist visa which I will have to renew. Can you advise on the visa run routine. Is there any possibility of extending this without leaving Yangon?

Will I have problems entering Myanmar when my return ticket is dated three months later?

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

Why don't you apply social visa ?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

I got a tourist visa after visiting the embassy and telling them what I'll be doing. They didn't suggest a social visa.

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

You can apply for Social Visa. It is single entry but stay permit valid for 3 months, not 28 days. You need an approval letter from the organization which you are going to work for.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

I wish I had known this before I was given my tourist visa. Do you think they will let me through the airport if my return flight is in June, but my visa is for only 28 days?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,567 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

I very much doubt they will even want to see your return flight ticket, I have never been asked in 15 years.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

Thank you silver swimmer, that has set my mind at rest!

7. Re: Visa run from Yangon to Bangkok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 20:13