We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar visa

calgary
Level Contributor
7 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Myanmar visa

Is it advisable to book tickets first then submit visa? Or visa first?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,860 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar visa

Timescale is important.

I always buy my international tickets when the price is right and apply for my Visa 6 weeks before I depart. It is very unlikely nowadays for applicants to have their Visa rejected. I suppose the sensible thing to do (money wise) is to get your Visa then book the flight.In that way,if your Visa is delayed or passport lost then you have not got the stress of cancelling/changing flights

Ss

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
453 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar visa

I just read the requiremnets for visa. With the application, they require a copy of a ticket to and from Burma or a an itenarary from a tour company or a local travel agent.. Also the tourist visa is good for 30 days from the date of issue.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,860 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar visa

Please read again. The Visa is valid for 3 months from day of issue for a stay of 28 days.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myanmar visa

I am a US citizen currently residing in Singapore. I just received my tourist visa from the embassy here. I did not need an itinerary , in fact, there was a notice on the board that it was not recommended to make travel plans before getting your visa.

Also, Silverswimmer is correct about the validity of the visa.

Asia
Level Contributor
903 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar visa

I think they request us to submit the ticket together with the visa application form. I guess it can cause a delay if we don't buy air tickets before applying for visa.

6. Re: Myanmar visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:41