We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Budget Hotels Yangon

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Best Budget Hotels Yangon

Hi,

Can anyone recommend budget hotels for Yangon for January?

Under $35 a night ideal.

Thank you!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,417 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Budget Hotels Yangon

From the left hand tool bar I found this link:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g294191-c2-Yangon_R…

Yangon
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Budget Hotels Yangon

Winner Inn

www.winnerinnmyanmar.com/roomsnrates.htm

Ocean Pearl Inn

http://www.myanmarhotel-budget.com/

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Budget Hotels Yangon

Hi Sam, I'll be traveling to Yangon this weekend , will post my findings as I heard hotels in Yangon is really expensive

Alton, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Budget Hotels Yangon

we found The Eastern Hotel to be ideal, good breakfast inc., the local menu was best.

Beds ok, rooms clean and the staff very helpful, also handy for street food of a good quality.

Walking distance of all sights,

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Budget Hotels Yangon

We stayed in three different hotels on our current trip. Motherland Inn and Ocean Pearl Inn are around or just under 30 Dollar. Right now we are at the Winner Inn but pay 50 Dollar. I personally can`t reccommend Ocean Pearl Inn. Our experience there wasn`t good. The staff was fairly unfriendly and not really helpful plus I found the room very dirty. I don`t mind very basic accommodation but it needs to be fairly clean.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Budget Hotels Yangon

Hello,

I'm a resident here in Yangon. I've heard of several places people stay, but the best one has been the YMCA for all. It is definitely a budget place with a nice room and good shower is the YMCA. It's only 7-8,000 kyat a night (~9-10 USD, with free wi-fi (it's not very fast, so be patient! :) ).

www.tourismtransparency.org/find-a-business

This is a massive phone directory of the entire country that is constantly updated.

7. Re: Best Budget Hotels Yangon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:19