We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

Stockholm, Sweden
3 posts
Save Topic
Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

We have a week in january to have some beachlife. We like to live close to the beach but prefer small personal places and not too fancy.

We like to do small trips around the beach where we hope to meet everyday life in villages or small towns. Which beach do you recommend?

Agnes och Arne

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

There will be no rooms available for you at NB so NS is going to be better but do book your accommodation before you arrive.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

Definitely Ngapali Beach!!! Make sure you've made the reservation first!!

Stockholm, Sweden
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

Thank you för answering! Can you Tell me a Little bit more about the differens in your opinion?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

Time is short for me so I suggest you read the Hotel Reviews ,toolbar left, as many have overviews of the resorts.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

Ngwe Saung beach can be reached by car from Yangon, whereas Ngapali beach is accessible only by plane. I have been to both places. However, due to the present popularity of the country, hotels and flights are always full nowadays, not to mention the huge price increases, especially hotel room rates, compared to two years ago. I would be happy to give more information if asked. I live in the US but am a native of Burma/Myanmar.

Stockholm, Sweden
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

Thanks för information! Can you recommend some excursion from Ngwe Saung? Are there villages around or something in the Nature of interest?

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

You're welcome. There is a quaint little village within walking distance (about 15-20 minutes) from the beach. We bought our snacks and drinks at a grocery store in this village. I am certain there are many stores operating now since I was there some years ago. Several good restaurants in the village too. We had dinner at one restaurant and the owner came to our table to cool us with a huge hand fan! Be sure to have a room reservation as all rooms are bound to be full due to Myanmar being named as a great destination for international tourists . I believe the MAX Hotel on the beach is highly recommended. It wasn't built yet when we were there, but my friend stayed there recently and he was very impressed.

8. Re: Ngwa saung beach or Nga pali beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Yangon (Rangoon)