We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please? Hotel, Yangon, $30 or less, bookable online

Nottingham, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Advice please? Hotel, Yangon, $30 or less, bookable online

I'm traveling to Yangon during the Water Festival and so need to book accommodation in advance.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Yangon which costs $30 or preferably less and is bookable online? - I'd rather pay by card then western union money transfer if possible, which is a payment method I have seen a few people on here mention.

Also, I will be on my own, so I'd like to stay somewhere as close to the centre as possible.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who has any advice. :)

1. Re: Advice please? Hotel, Yangon, $30 or less, bookable online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 February 2013, 22:05
Phnom Penh
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please? Hotel, Yangon, $30 or less, bookable online

We stayed at the Hotel 63 in the eastern section of downtown. I found it on Agoda.com. When I searched while in Bagan for the end of the trip, it was one of the lower priced, though hard to find a place at $30 or less. Hotel 63 was very workable, new and very accommodating staff who would pull in the best English speaker when I had a question. Its a short taxi ride or longer walk to eateries but worth it in price comparison to much more expensive places.

washington
Level Contributor
88 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice please? Hotel, Yangon, $30 or less, bookable online

Motherland II just recently offered me less than $30 for March and they request Western Union. I ended up not using them.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice please? Hotel, Yangon, $30 or less, bookable online

There were not many hotels in Yangon which offered rooms for 30$ or less when we were there in November 2012.

We stayed at the Motherland Inn II and were happy with it but found the Ocean Pearl Inn horrible. That is our opinion, others thing differently. Both had a double room for under 30$.

You can't book them online as far as I know therefore no payment by card was possible. We contacted them by mail and reserved the rooms that way. The rooms were paid in cash (US Dollar).

I would assume that most budget hotels are not bookable online. You have to book a room by mail or phone and pay cash

5. Re: Advice please? Hotel, Yangon, $30 or less, bookable online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 05:16