We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many days should I spend in Yangon?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
how many days should I spend in Yangon?

trying to plan my time, how many days should I spend in Yangon?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

Two

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

Thanks

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

Depends on what you like and want to do. Its a buzzy SE Asian city with lots to do. I spent 6 days in 2 lots and didnt tire of anything about it.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

A lot of people say to skip Yangon but I really liked it and wished we had more time to explore. I could easily spend a week there and then only scratch the surface

Regards

Suzi

Brighton
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

I enjoyed Yangon more than I thought I would, loads of great street food everywhere, interesting back streets with hussle and bussle of city life.

I'd recommend going to the train station and walk out the main front entrance to the right and head down the road, it leads into a busy area consisting of rows of wooden huts with real authentic life going on with the locals: shops, food, kids playing etc, if you head down a bit further you'll find a big local market. Very interesting in my opinion.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

If your tour is 10 days or so I would stay 2 days or so. Certainly worth a stay but u have to see the other regions as well.

warwickshire
Level Contributor
382 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

All depends on how much time you can afford and what you like to do but no less than 2 days.

Friends of mine said they were disappointed by Yangon. They were looking forward to seeing colonial houses and it did not come up to their expectations. Where as I wanted to experience life on the street, I had 2 days and loved it! Soak up the atmosphere at Shwedagon, be amazed at the colourful market in the Indian quarter, try deep fried bananas in Chinatown and sample betel nut before spitting it in the gutter! See the largest reclining Buddha in the country, stop and drink tea in a teashop and talk to the local students who are eager to practice their English. Take a train trip on the Circle line.

Thats just a taste! Enjoy!

8. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 22:35
Level Contributor
35 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

At least 1.5 is what we'd suggest. We enjoyed our time there, but the heat drove us out.

Trip report here: http://erohisms.com/impressions-of-yangon/

10. Re: how many days should I spend in Yangon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 05:16