We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
154 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

Hi TA!

Wondering which of these 3 itineraries is advisable for a 6 day stay beginning of June.

PLAN 1

DAY 1: Yangoon (fly in)

DAY 2: Bagan

DAY 3: Bagan

DAY 4: Inle Lake

DAY 5: Inle Lake

DAY 6: Yangoon (fly out)

PLAN 2

DAY 2: Yangoon

DAY 4: Bagan

DAY 5: Bagan

PLAN 3

DAY 2: Bagan

DAY 4: Inle Lake

DAY 5: Inle Lake

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

Hi get2,

In your 3 itineraries,Plan 2 would be find for you, I think your travel time is low season and this time is rainy.That's why Inly lake is shouldn't visit in this time.

Have a nice trip.:-)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

Hi,

The 1st itinerary and the 3rd one seem to look the same. Maybe you had a mistake post??? I support that itinerary instead of the second one. With 6 days, you can visit Bagan and Inle Lake, which I think the best destintions among 4 must-sees in Myanmar. Yangon is indispensable for arrival and departure flights. There's enough time for you to explore Bagan and Inle Lake in 2 days for each.

The second choice is ok if you are REALLY interested in Bagan and would like to explore as much as possible this area, rather than spending time in any other place.

Cheers

Thu Huyen

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

Bagan is fascinating and once you arrive and realize you have only 2 days there, you will be kicking yourselves for not staying longer, but if all you can afford timewise is 6 days or so then I'd opt to add Inle Lake in there as well.

Pantin, France
Destination Expert
for Myanmar
Level Contributor
829 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

Plan 1 is fine provided you check carefully for the flight information.

In summer time, there will be no direct flight from Bagan to Inle Lake sometimes, you will have a flight Bagan - Mandalay - Heho ( for Inle) instead. It takes about 1 hour and it is fine.

Bagan is a beautiful area but if you could combine Bagan and Inle, surely it is better !

fti
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
Level Contributor
15,556 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

I too had to do a double take on the three itineraries, since #1 and #3 are identical. In fact, this is the itinerary I am doing next month. I feel comfortable with two nights each in Bagan and Inle Lake. I used Myanmar Shalom for my hotels, transfers and flights. They have been great so far.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

#5 That will give you a taste of those destinations, and if you enjoy them, you will probably want to go back and spend more time there on your next trip. :-)

7. Re: Myanmar Highlights in 6 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Yangon (Rangoon)
Recent Conversations