We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how many days in inle lake and yangon?

California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
how many days in inle lake and yangon?

Need to confirm my hotel bookings....staying 2 full days in Bagan but can't decide the number of days in yangon and inle lake area (nyaungshwe)

Which is better? (about 4 days in Inle Lake and 1 in Yangon or 3 days in inle Lake and 2 days in Yangon) I do not plan to take any day trips from yangon.

Day 1- arrive in early morning from Bagan to Inle lake by flight then to hotel in Nyaungshwe, then look around town, shop

Day 2- day hike

Day 3- private boat tour for full day

Day 4- rent bicycle for do it yourself around lake and village

Day 5- first flight to Yangon arriving about 10 A.M

Day 6- in Yangon until 7 P.M flight

OR

Day 1- arrive in early morning from Bagan to Inle Lake by flight then to hotel in Nyaungshwe then look around town and shop

Day 2- private boat tour for full day

Day 3- rent bicycle for do it yourself around lake and village

Day 4- first flight to Yangon arriving about 10A.M

Day 5- Yangon

Day 6- Yangon till 7 P.M flight home

Edited: 24 April 2013, 04:51
warwickshire
Level Contributor
395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

Its all down to personal choice of what you like to do most, but I would go with option 1. My reasons for this is, nearly everyone loves Inle and most but not everyone likes Yangon. This option is still giving you 2 days in Yangon, enough time to see the main sites that must not be missed, do some shopping as well as the comfort of knowing you are back in town ready to catch your onward flight. Another day might feel like too much time there, it all depends on how much of a city person you are. Inle is beautiful and so different to anywhere else it deserves a good few days there to explore.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

I am different I would go with option2 - 3 days in Inle Lake and 2 days in Yangon. I think 3 days in Inle lake is plenty and there is so much to do and see and Yangon. Wish I had booked more time there - only scratched the surface with a few days

regards

Suzi

Brooktondale
Level Contributor
154 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

If it were me I'd stay a 3rd day in Bagan but I'm a ruins junkie. There's not much to see in Nyaungshwe proper. On the day you arrive you can rent a bike and explore. Since you arrive early morning you'll have plenty of time. I found the road on the east side of the lake to be very nice. You don't get that close to the lake (at least where I went) but there are villages to explore and interesting things to see. Then you can do a couple days in a boat. My thinking is, if you're going to Inle Lake spend plenty of time on the lake. You may never get back. Try to use the same driver for both days so you don't go back to some of the same places. Since your time seems to be a bit limited 2 days should be enough for Yangon. Try to get a hotel that is centrally located. For me a big part of the attraction of the city is just wandering around the downtown area.

California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

I don't plan to take a side trip from Yangon as I will be "pagoda out". I plan to go to the markets, take the 3 hour Circular train ride , Shewadagon Pagodas, walk to the river, perhaps a sunset boat ride. What else is there to do? I guess even though I have say one day, just like shakespearstan says, it is kinda 2 full days as I arrive in yangon about 10 am and leave the following day at 7 P.M.

Hoborun- I don't want to add one more day to Bagan. Two full days will be enough. I was at Angkor Wat this past December and one full day was plenty for me.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

I would take option 1 if I were you.We were in Myanmar early March. We spent 2 nights (1.5 days) in Nyaungshwe. On the afternoon that we arrived, we hired a tuktuk and went to the nearby villages and in that evening we walked around town. The following day we went on a boat tour. So the extra day in your itinerary will be for a day hike.

As for Yangon, you can walk around the city centre and markets on the afternoon of your arrival.The following day, you can hire a guide, with car, with the understanding that after the tour in the afternoon, the guide will drop you off at the airport. Aside from taking us to the usual tourist attractions, our guide took us to a train and boat rides. You can read my blog on my Myanmar trip at refocused.1stwebs.net/tell_myanmar.html . I can give you the name of our guide if you are interested.

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

I like to suggest...

day 1-morning flight from BGN to HEHO then visit Pindaya cave and back to NS in evening.

day 2-visit around the lake,it's will take nearly whole day.

day 3-hire bike and visit western part of NS.You can visit Red Moutain winery in evening,eastern part of the town.

day 4-you can do trekking(day return) to east moutain and visit PaO tribe villages.

day5-back to YGN by morming flight.

California
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

Thanks very much for your input. I think i will take Option one. More time in Inle lake.

NS- do i need to have a guide for the day 4 - trekking to East Mountain and visit PaO tribe. If so, any recommendation and cost for 2 people OR do we do on own.

N S
Nyaung Shwe, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Nyaung Shwe
Level Contributor
617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

Yes,you will need local trekking guide.It's will cost around 20000-25000 kyats for 2 pax including lunch.You can't do on your own because of your safety and the route around that area need local guide.

9. Re: how many days in inle lake and yangon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2014, 06:19