We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to travel?

United Kindom
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Safe to travel?

I am looking into a trip to Yangon early 2014 which will also include Kyaikhto and Mawtamyaing. Is it safe? Do you think I should hold back from booking yet?

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to travel?

Safe ???

Till now , no single tourist is harm because of problem .

I believe , if you are not look like India (sorry to put in this word) , I"m sure you are safe.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to travel?

Min, what could happen if she "looks like an Indian"?

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe to travel?

Myanmar has many ppl of indian background and since the riots had been under controlled, it is safe for you to visit myanmar, either you look like an indian, muslim or not.

But i suggest you always try to get update on news on myanmar, plan ur visit through an agency and use a local guide, since they will know what to do in case of emergencies.

Beijing, China
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe to travel?

Why should you hold back ? Myanmar as most said is very safe country and living place of many kind hearted people. I still remember some of their help during my visits..That's most memorable things about Myanmar just for me...

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe to travel?

Yes, you will be safe, go ahead with your trip and have fun!

Thu Huyen

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe to travel?

You may be interested in this recent cautionary tale from a Hindu of Indian origin who just returned from 3 weeks in Myanmar: …wsj.com/indiarealtime/…

Edited: 18 October 2013, 18:15
Yangon (Rangoon...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe to travel?

Safe ???

I think u will be ok.... If u believe that , u know that u come here... But if u come here , u should made hotel booking... Coz of this is high season... Most of hotels have fully booking.... Have a nice trip....

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe to travel?

Don't worry, you will be safe. Have your itinerary? Howmany day you want to spend for Myanmar? Where you want to visit? How you want to go? What you want to do?Which kind accommodation you like ( high or medium or budget )?

You decide visit to Myanmar, you must book all now by Government Offical Local Agent, before 2 months you come in Myanmar.

Myanmar
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe to travel?

Hi,

It's really safe for you to visit these areas and beautiful landscaping region in Myanmar.

Go on!!

10. Re: Safe to travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 18:05