We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

Great Falls...
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

We just visited Myanmar (Yangon, Bago and Bagan) September 8-19, 2013. We were fortunate to have used the services of "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours." They were recommended to me by a friend and they are EXCELLENT! Kay was always quick to respond to my emails. We rented an air-conditioned vehicle for a full day (12 hours) tour of sightseeing in Yangon; it cost us $50. We did our research before hand so we did not request for a guide, but Pyae Sone (our driver) was quite helpful in pointing out important tips. We were provided with cold bottles of water for the day, as well as disposal wet towels to wipe our feet (after the temple visits). Kay's husband (Soe Moe Aung) gave us excellent restaurant suggestions and offered us very good advice on how to plan our Yangon sightseeing given the traffic patterns.

We also visited Bago (which is about 1.5-2 hours away from Yangon). The vehicle rental cost us $100. Pyae Soe was also our driver. When we told him our intended itinerary he added a few more destinations which made our trip more enjoyable. We were also provided with cold water and wet towels.

We purchased our plane tickets (Yangon-Bagan), hotel accommodations, car/driver rental, and guide also through Kay. She was able to save us a lot of money! We were originally going to book our hotel on-line but she was able to save us $60 per night at the Hotel at Tharabar Gate. Local travel agents get special deals. Our guide, Kyaw Swe, gave us a good history of each temple and brought us to all the best locations to get that great photo opportunity!

Kay was amazing in her quick responses, great prices, and excellent advice! Additionally, we had to make changes to our flights to return to the US earlier than expected. You know how difficult that can be if you are overseas and if you bought your ticket on-line (with a non-US carrier). I sent Kay an email on a Sunday and she replied to me on the same day (informing me that the airline office were closed but would attend to it first thing Monday). She successfully changed our flight and saved me money too!

I cannot say enough good things about "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours." I highly recommend them! Here is their contact information:

Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours

No (21), Ground Floor, Mingalar street

Hledan, Kamayut Township, Yangon

Union of Myanmar

Tel : + 95 1 230 4243, + 95 92500 23453

E mail :kay@tasteofmyanmar.com , sales@tasteofmyanmar.com

Web : www.tasteofmyanmar.com

20 replies to this topic
Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

Thank you for your recommendation and the comprehensive contact information for your Agent. They obviously did a good job for you.

Whilst I do realise you have only joined TA today perhaps you could also write and post Hotel reviews (Tharabar Gate etc) so to help future travellers-you can do this through the top toolbar.

SS

Miami
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

Thank you for your advised

I have contacted Kay for my itinerary

Kay have help me a lot

Thank you

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

I would like to ask how much deposit does Taste of Myanmar require? I see from other forums that other travel agents only require 30%, while taste is 50%. Pls let me know. Thanks.

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

Only Taste of Myanmar responds quickly. I'm glad to have come across this post. Thanks for the suggestion and let me know about the deposit. The prices Kay quoted are reasonable, as well.

Paris
Level Contributor
6 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

Hi !

On the basis of this excellent review, I also contacted Kay from Taste of Myanmar, as well as some other local agency, and I can confirm that Kay was really reactive in answering my many questions, and further more, I asked her a detailed breakdown of the costs of each service in order for me to decide which one I will ask her to book for me, and she was the only one to accept it. I usually travel on my own, without any agency, but to avoid loosing a precious time when I get in Myanmar (I could - unfortunately - only spend 11 nights…) it was an excellent solution to ask a local agency to book my flights and give me good advice for your trip organization. It is quite difficult to send a certain amount of money to a bank abroad to someone you never met, so that's why I wanted to post this.

Taste of Myanmar is a very serious agency, you can trust them without any hesitation. We did so, and we are happy we did.

Our trip was fabulous ! And now I am planning to go back next december or at least the year after. Myanmar will be changing fast as tourism will be developing, and I want to have another opportunity to visit this country before.

On such a short trip, we choose to fly directly to Heho upon our arrival at Yangon. We met Kay at the airport, to get our 4 domestic flight tickets, vouchers for 2 hotels, and information about the visits we choose to ask her to organize. We decided not to "run" and stayed 3 nights at Nyaungswhe (Inle Lake), 4 nights at Bagan, 3 nights at Ngapali and only 1 night at the end at Yangon.

Curiously all the other agencies I contacted wrote me I should stay the first night at Yangon, Kay didn't. If you do not have 2 weeks or more to spend in Myanmar, I would recommend this good solution, which avoid to loose a lot of time.

Back to our busy Parisian life, we did not have time to post the hotels reviews yet, but we will.

Thanks again to FlyingInternational for your post.

Francoise & Stefan

Singapore
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

I am glad of our choice to go for Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours based on feedback from other tripadvisor members. Kay responds within the next hour to our inquiries giving us some sense of security, even if both of us are located hundreds of miles apart. Upon arrival, we were met by her and her drivers (my friends and I arrived at different timings). She was also very responsive and accommodating to our changes in the tour and requirements, and even made good suggestions.

My friends and I do recommend Kay and her tours. Thumbs up!

Hong Kong, null...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

I'll use service from Taste of Myanmar from 31 Mar - 5 Apr. Just wonder have you pay any deposit? Kay offers waive of deposit, is it safe?

Paris
Level Contributor
6 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

Hello,

Yes, I confirm it is safe to send money to Kay from Taste of Myanmar to pay the services you ask her to organise for you.

We did transfer quite a big amount for our trip, and everything was fine. Your bak and her bank may charge you taxes for the bank transfer, but nothing unusual.

Myanmar is one of my top 3 destinations, maybe even my best trip ever !!!

Enjoy your trip !

Hong Kong, null...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

Thank you. I just returned from Myanmar and use Taste of Myanmar as our tour operator. I have stayed in Myanmar for 6 days. Kay and her team are professional and reliable. They bring us a memorable trip. If I visit Myanmar in future, I will definitely choose Taste of Myanmar.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"

Thanks in deep. It was a great pleasure to share our experience during your precious holidays in Myanmar.

Thanks again for giving us such a kind of opportunity to assist your trip with us.

Kay

Reply to: Excellent Service from "Taste of Myanmar Travels & Tours"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted