We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain Top Hotel, Mount Kyaiktiyo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mountain Top Hotel, Mount Kyaiktiyo

hi there,

i'm trying to make an advanced reservation for a night at the Mountain Top Hotel for the end of December, 2013. However, I can't seem to come across an email address or website for the hotel in order to make a reservation. I tried calling them, but the line was very distorted and I could barely make out the email addresses the woman provided. Does anyone have any contact information for this hotel? Thank you so much in advance!

1. Re: Mountain Top Hotel, Mount Kyaiktiyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:37
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mountain Top Hotel, Mount Kyaiktiyo

When I tried to make a booking by e-mail directly to Mountain Top I was referred to their on line booking agent. Try sending an e-mail to Shashan De Silva, operations manager at:

grtt@visitmyanmar.com OR info@visitmyanmar.com

Prices quoted by win n are correct. Eventually my agent One Stop was able to secure a booking.

When I tried to contact the hotel directly this is the e-mail I used:

prabhathwicky@yahoo.com

This is for Prabhath Wickramasinghe who is the manager (operations) of Mountain Top Hotel.

Hope this helps. I was doing all this in July and had problems as this hotel gets booked/filled quickly.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mountain Top Hotel, Mount Kyaiktiyo

Hi there,

Before our trip, I tried to email the hotel a number of times but never received a reply. I think you need to book through an agent. The rates have definitely gone up from what we paid in May, but it is so worth it.

Get in touch with a agent asap to secure a booking... There are not many other options in the area so it does get booked up fast.

- K

kgbtravels.blogspot.com.au

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mountain Top Hotel, Mount Kyaiktiyo

Yes, book through an agent, it will end up cheaper as well. ALready hugely expensive, but kinda worth it as it is fantastic to stay at the top of the mountian and observe all going on at night and in the wee hours of the morning, especially in December~January when all the locals make their pilgrimage. Meals are a royal rip-off at the hotels, best head down the massive staircase below to forage for noodles, hot bags of steamed rice, dried fish etc.

5. Re: Mountain Top Hotel, Mount Kyaiktiyo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:18