We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night life

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
night life

after the day time sightseeing, is there a night life, if so where

Shellharbour...
Level Contributor
173 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night life

9th Floor Disco seems to be the most popular from my research.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: night life

thanks, ive never been to yangon before

so dont know any where

is that in a hotel.

are ther bars like thailand ?

Shellharbour...
Level Contributor
173 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night life

Me neither. Not in a hotel. It's on the 9th floor of a commercial building, hence the name. I doubt very much that you will get anything remotely resembling Thais bars anywhere in Myanmar. I may be wrong though.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
332 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night life

Edward, maybe these 2 links below could help

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294191-i9454-k414…

visit-mekong.com/myanmar/yangon/nightlife.htm

Bangkok
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: night life

Dear Edward,

Have a look here mingalapar.com/forum/…

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
58 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: night life

This is from a recent CNN travel article:

Yangon veterans recall a time when they were tucked in bed by 9 p.m., simply because there wasn't anything to do after dark.

Not anymore.

New bars are opening regularly, and there are plenty of into-the-night spots to drink with friendly and willing locals. Here are some places for spending an evening or two.

19th Street - It’s loud, lively and there’s lots of neon. But this isn't Yangon’s version of Bangkok's Khao San Road. Instead, it’s an authentic local experience, a strip of outdoor bars where the beer flows and where you’ll find the best grilled fish in town.

Bottle of Myanmar beer: 800 kyats (80 cents)

Barbecued fish: 3,500 kyats ($3.50)

19th Street is between Anawratha and Mahabandoola Roads, Latha township, Yangon.

Vista Rooftop Bar -Taking advantage of its proximity to the Shwedagon Pagoda, the view here will convince you to visit; the well-stocked bar will keep you hanging around.

Glass of Myanmar beer: 1,500 kyats ($1.50)

Glass of house whiskey: 3,500 kyats ($3.50)

Vista Rooftop Bar is at 168 West Shwegondine Road, Bahan Township, Yangon; +95 (0)1 559 481​

50th Street Bar- One of Yangon’s most famous watering holes, this one is lively most nights and runs regular themed nights.

This is the place to come for big sports matches and good pizza.

Bottle of Myanmar beer: 4,000 kyats ($4)

Pizza: 6,000-9,000 kyats ($6-9)

50th Street Bar is at 9/13, 50th St., Botahtaung Township, Yangon; +95 (0)1 397 060​

Any beer station, anywhere - Myanmar’s version of pubs, "beer stations" are often run-down, rustic spots where locals enjoy a drink; beer or whiskey, or sometimes both, mixed.

Found on many street corners, they’re easy to spot -- look for the distinctive logo of local Myanmar beer.

Glass of Myanmar beer: 600 kyats (60 cents)

Boston...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: night life

Thanks for the suggestions. We're going to Yangon next week and look forward to experiencing the local watering holes! Can't beat those prices!

Shellharbour...
Level Contributor
173 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: night life

On my last night in Myanmar, I met a couple of local guys over a few beers and when I enquired about going to a nightclub on my last night they were happy to oblige. Had wanted to go to the 9th floor disco but it was closed due to a killing two weeks earlier. As it turns out there are a few good nightclubs in Yangon and we ended up at the Pioneer nightclub adjacent to the International Hotel. Admission was 7,000 Kyat and upon paying was patted down and put through a metal detector. Security was abundant at the entry and inside. The music was loud and good, beer was cheap and the place was pumping. There seemed to be a large number of girls vying for attention but I deflected their advances pretty smartly. Had a great time, was nice to let my hair down after a very busy and at times tiring trip. I guess Yangon offers the same as most cities around the world.

9. Re: night life

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2014, 05:17