We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

KL
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

Hi,

Im visiting Yango with my mum for 4 days visit and below are the places i would like to go. Can anyone help me in grouping it as i dunno where are the places close to each other.

Shwedagon Pagoda

Yangon Circular Train

Kandawgyi Park

People's Square Park

Tomb of Bahadur Shah Zafar

Nga Htat Gyi Pagoda

Karaweik Palace show

Sule Pagoda

Botataung Pagoda

Chaukthtatgyi Paya

Bogyoke Market

Any other places i should go?

Thank you.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

You could easily do that in 2 full days. Why not hire a car to take you to Bago for a day? On the way back you could stop at Taukkyan War Cemetery, Bahadur Shazatar Zafar Mausoleum and the cool mirrored Sein Yaung Chi Pagoda. I have photos of Bago & the aforementioned places in the link at the end of my report here

tripadvisor.com/…31013201

Washington, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

Like Maneki-neko says, most of the above is in relatively small area and depending how energetic you feel, walkable, although Shwedagon a little further out from Bogyoke, Sule and the Circular Train. Taxis are fairly cheap anyway for getting around.

Get the latest times and allow 3 and a bit hours for the circular train, which drops you back at the start. I'd say that's a morning activity - the carriages aren't air-conditioned and it can get hot!

Karaweik is within Kandawgyi Gardens.

+1 for Bago - stunningly beautiful!

Enjoy!

3. Re: Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 14:36
Singapore
Level Contributor
267 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

Wow, thats quite a list!!!

The circle line train to me is a must..

Bogyoke Market - there wasn't a lot in here which I was interested in, but do walk around the smaller streets and lanes where a lot of locals hang out… its a great place to people watch.

I have just updated my blog with some tips and guides, that might help you + with other information about some of the sights I visited.

http://luminor29.wordpress.com

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,572 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

The list is even greater (84) using the link in the top toolbar "Things to do"

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g294191-Activi…

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

Dear Suz Ng,

You should try as follows:

Day 1 : Shwedagon Pagoda, Kandawgyi Park

Nga Htat Gyi Pagoda

Dinner at Karaweik Palace show

Day 2 : Yangon Circular Train

Afternoon : Sule Pagoda, Walk along the Pan So Dan Street to see all the heritage buildings such as High Court. Stop over at the Strand Hotel for high tea.

Day 3 : People's Square Park

Tomb of Bahadur Shah Zafar

Try River View of Yangon by taking a sunset river cruise with MV Dora

Day 4 : Botataung Pagoda, Chaukthtatgyi Paya

Bogyoke Market

Have an enjoyable trip to Yangon.

Thant

Myanmar2Go

7. Re: Iternary Yangon 4 days- pl advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 06:18