We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

Dear All,

i am planning a Solo trip to Myanmar in coming July...i am wishing to visit the Golden Rock, although best option is to stay overnight there but due to my limited time in Yangon, i would like to do a day trip...Anyone traveling the same time would like to share the taxi?

Also, would appreciate if anyone has any contacts for private taxi rental? I can't seem to find contact for it...mostly tour agents do 2D1N....from what i read a private taxi will cost around US$160 per day and we'll need to depart around 5am. The public transports are not possible for a day trip.

let me know if you are interested to do it together. Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

Hi, just wonder with your tour trip how much did it cost? What sort of accomadation you had any recommend ?

For your tour can you let me have the driver email please? I want to do the same in October for 10days tour.

Thank in advance

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
76 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

Something similar to rains in Singapore in December. But much more and last longer. And, if not rain, hot and humid.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

Hi

Any one know the good price for the hotel at Golden rock , Nyaungshwe (inte), and Taunggu that could recommend ?

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

Hi Kosoesoemdy,

Which bus company has buses leaving Yangon for Kinpun at 6.30am/7.00am? Where can I book/purchase the tickets?

In regards of the taxi hire, how much would be the price for 2 days from Yangon to Golden Rock?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

Win Express & Yoe Yoe Lay Bus are running from Yangon to Kinpun Camp. They all are direct Buses to Kinpun Camp.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294190-i9408-k741…

myanmaryp.com/company/46077/Win_Express_Yang…

You can book via travel agent or Hotel reception.

Two days Trip to Golden Rock costs 150 $ to 200 $.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

Hi, how did your trip go? Did you manage to attempt golden rock in the end? Care to share cos I'll be going in mid july too and am concerned about the weather too...

17. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 21:28
18. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Edited: 23 June 2015, 21:28
19. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

20. Re: Shared Taxi to Golden Rock July 22nd

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

Removed on: 21 July 2016, 13:39