We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

request for advice - itinerary

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
7 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
request for advice - itinerary

Hi Everybody,

We will be travelling with a small group of people (4) around Georgia in September. As our time is rather limited I would like to ask you for your opinion concerning the selected spots and means of transport.

Our itinerary:

Day 1 late night arrival

Day 2 Tbilisi - sightseeing

Day 3 Day trip to Mccheta (by marshrukta)

Day 4 Tbilisi – Kutaisi (by train)

Day 5 Kutaisi – Batumi (by bus or marshrukta)

Day 6 Batumi – full day

Day 7 Batumi – Vardzia (by ?)

Day 8 Vardzia – Tbilisi (by ?) (late night departure from TBS)

I don't know if Vardzia if feasible at all as it is a quite secluded place. Apart from that we might risk missing our return flight due to unforeseen circumstances on the way back to Tbilisi on the day 8.

Many thanks for all your tips and comments

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: request for advice - itinerary

Hi there - you have left out two of the main highlights which is a trip to Gori. Very easy by Marshtrutka from Tbilisi. I went in the morning, did the stalin museum, then I took a taxi with a couple that already had a driver for the day to Uplistsikhe Caves which are nearby and fantastic. He waited and dropped me of in Mtshkheta where I went to the Jvari monastery. From here i took a Marshtrutka back to Tbiliisi. It was a packed but fascinating day and quite doable. The stalin museum does English tours. I arrived and one had just started. The museum is huge and has loads of exhibits, including the house where he was born and his train carriage. I went with a couple who were already heading for the caves after that but if you dont its very easy to get a taxi to take you, wait and then take you back to gori or even to Mtshkheta. It shouldnt be too expensive. You really shouldnt miss these places. Stalin is part of the past and the museum will give you a lot of insight.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

2. Re: request for advice - itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 17:18