We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking in tusheti: guides & access

S D
Paris
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hiking in tusheti: guides & access

Hello,

We are currently in tbilissiand expect to go to tusheti in the next days.

To go there i understand you need to go early to alvani in the morning and there are some jeeps/4wd that leave every day (any recommandation is welcome).

In tusheti we would like to go ttekking for three days. The agency caucasus trekking doesnot answer our mails. Would you have any recommandation on a guide? There is the site tusheti.ge but i did not find any reviews.

The idea would be to get an english, french or german speaker guide.

In addition do you know if there is some way to have access to internet in omalo?

Thank you very much!

Sarah

S D
Paris
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hiking in tusheti: guides & access

Sorry it seems like my mobile phone bugged and registered my message three times on the forum....

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiking in tusheti: guides & access

It is possible to trek for 4 days or so and stay in homestays each night, without a guide. Buy a map from Geoland. If you stay overnight in one of the tourist guesthouses in Telavi they will nortmally arrange the transport to Omalo.

S D
Paris
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiking in tusheti: guides & access

I know but given my really bad sense of orientation i d prefer to have a guide... in addition i would not be fully comfortableto meet sheep dogs alone...

Tbilisi, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hiking in tusheti: guides & access

Hello, once you are in Tusheti, you can ask anyone at the guest house you will be staying at, they will have the whole info about hiking ways and guides.

Regards,Irene

S D
Paris
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hiking in tusheti: guides & access

Thanks!

6. Re: hiking in tusheti: guides & access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:17