We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tbilisi to Yereven

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tbilisi to Yereven

I plan to travel on my own to Georgia and Amrenia in late March but only have 7-9 days. My plan was to spend 3/4 days based Tbilisi and then travelling down to Yerevan for a similar amount of time.

I understand the overnight sleeper train is unreliable. Can anyone recommend a better way to travel between the two cities, maybe a driver or tour operator?

Any additional information on hostels that offer good excursions would also be useful.

Levan Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Private Daily Tours in Georgia
Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Real Georgia Tours
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Colour Tour Georgia
Multi-day Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Borjomi, Borjomis...
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tbilisi to Yereven

I can recomend this way:Tbilisi>Mtskheta>Gori(Uplistsikhe)>Borjomi with Vardzia>Akhaltsikhe>Yerevan

(From Akhaltsikhe to Yerevan the buses(mini-buses) are going out every day.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tbilisi to Yereven

Hi there I did this route last year. You have two options The first is to go to the Tbilisi train station where there are set time departures by Minibuses to Yerevan. -the last one is at 5pm and the whole trip takes 6 hours. I was unlucky and the day I left the 1pm only left at 3pm but this is unusual and its usually straightforward. . You can get a visa for armenia at the border. You have the same option from the Tbiliis bus station. In this instance the buses leave when full. If you want a great hostel option in Yerevan then stay at Envoy. The hostel is great and they do trips to different parts of Yerevan on a daily basis including lunch in a private home which was brillialnt. I did three trips and they were all fantastic, especailly if you get Marina as your guide. The hostel is also excellent and the facilities are very good. They have dorms and privates and the rates are good. Highly recommend.

have a great trip. In Tbilisi recommend ska daveli guest house. The guy that runs speaks fluent english and is fantastic.

have a great trip

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tbilisi to Yereven

Thanks both of you, very useful

Will check out ska daveli guest house.

4. Re: Tbilisi to Yereven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 10:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now