We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Hi

Just want to share these 2 taxi driver I use during my last December trip to Jeju & Seoul. Found them very friendly and highly recommend if you them on your own. If you want a transport to go direct from Incheon/Gimpo airport to ski resort or other area, the seoul taxi is highly recommended. Worry you or your kidz will be bored during the 3.5 hours journey, don't worry, he even have movies or cartoons to keep you entertain.

Jeju

MR. LEE Young-Ho

HP: 011-698-1787

if you have more than 4 pax, ask him to hire a passanger van like us (8pax)

Not too bad in english.

Seoul

车昇喜 (Don't know his name in english)

Hp : 010-9874-1282 / 010-6215-6703

His taxi can take up to 8 pax.

Very simple english

Worry you or your kidz will be bored during the 3.5 hours journey, don't worry, he even have movies or cartoons to keep you entertain.

Hope those who is palnning now will find this contact useful.

SIngapore
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Hi,

Thanks for your sharing.

How much they charged you? Is it reasonable price?

I'm looking for rent a van for 6 of us from 21-27 April in Seoul.

Are they speaking Chinese?

Thanks,

Vic.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

I can't remeber what it cost. But if it is long distance with 6 person, it should be ok, definately better than having 2 sedan taxi. We even use him to take us from Seoul to Incheon Airport.

SIngapore
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Hi,

Thank for your reply.

How should i call him? 车昇喜 (Don't know his name in english)

Do I need to mention that I got his number from you?

Hp : 010-9874-1282 / 010-6215-6703

I have to add the country code +82 to call him right?

Thanks,

Vic.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Hi, sorry I really forgotten what we address him. No don't have have to mentioned it's from us, doubt he would remember us too. yes +82 country code.

When you are in Seoul remember to try the famous Ginseng Chicken Soup. Ask the driver to take you there, or give you the address. For us the driver actually join us for dinner. Must try.

Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Hi, how did you find the driver in Jeju? From a tour company or hotel? I'm trying to find transport to take us to attractions in Jeju.

My friends and I dont really need a guide as we already know where we want to go. We are looking for a driver who can drive us to the various attractions and wait outside for us.

Do you know if the taxi drivers in Jeju knows a bit of English? Enough to drive us to the attractions we want to?

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

He was introduced by friends from korea.

He is exactly someone you need in Jeju. A driver, interpreter, guide, photographer (for group picture) .......

I am you will appreciate him.

Yes, he speak a bit english, good enough for us to understand.

I would highly recommend him if you need a transport in JEJU.

Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

I'll discuss with my friends and see what they say...

Thanks for the info!

Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Here's another Jeju private taxi-cab driver who can speak superb Japanese, fairly well in spoken English and Mandarin. He was recommended by another TA member and I thought I should share it with fellow travellers as his service is good and reasonable.

You can contact him by email but do keep it short, simple and direct grammar as apparently he use translator so it might lead to miscommunication which happened in my case...lol

Anyway, everything ends well and we had a wonderful time in Jeju from 15~17 April 2011.

Name : Mr Won (Hp : +821036972303)

email : maarooii@yahoo.co.kr

Hope this info is useful to others. Have a great vacation!

Level Contributor
28 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Hi can you share with me

1) your routes (itinerary) in Jeju and how much he charged you? My friend and iwikl b going next year in April=) thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seoul & Jeju Taxi Driver Contact

Hi Fly, I can't remeber how much it is, it's best you call him and ask personally.

Basically Jeju is an island with a vocano crater right in the middle, which kind of divide the island into east and west. So we actually spend a day at the east and another at the west. Just tell the driver the actual no. of days you have, he will plan for you. But do read about Jeju yourself about the attraction, if there is anything particular you must see, tell him to include in your trip.

Some Jeju food you must try, tell the driver he will bring you, but do pay him extra tips, if your journey exist his allow time.

1) Seafood Hot Pot (lunch)

2) Noodle Soup by Driver Woman (lunch)

2) BBQ Black Pork (dinner)

3) Jinseng Chicken Soup (dinner)

5) Steam Boat Pork (dinner)

Enjoy yourself