We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to call a mobile phone from a pay phone in Korea?

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
885 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How to call a mobile phone from a pay phone in Korea?

Will need to call my daughter's mobile phone when we arrive at ICN from a public pay phone ? The mobile number is 010-2713-XXXX.

Do I have to dial any prefix numbers first? Do I dial all these numbers - seems like a lot of numbers? Will this be considered a long distance call from a pay phone and about how much will it costs?

Do I call the same way from a phone in a hotel room? Will this be very expensive?

Thank you

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to call a mobile phone from a pay phone in Korea?

You'll need to call all the number start from 010-xxxx, and about 150won per minute for mobile phone numbers.

Korea public phone only accept coins, credit card and phone card.

With hotel, you'll need to check their charges, some hotel provide free local calls excl. mobile or long distance calls.

Edited: 19 April 2012, 03:47
2. Re: How to call a mobile phone from a pay phone in Korea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:16