We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ICN airport to Osan Air Base

2 posts
Save Topic
ICN airport to Osan Air Base

I will be traveling to Osan Air base in a few weeks. Since I am not military I have to take the regular Korean express bus instead of the military bus. Would it be quicker to take a cab? Is it safe to take a cab that far of a distance? I know it's expensive but I want the quickest, SAFEST and most direct route because it will be late at night when I arrive and I will have 2 large suitcases.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ICN airport to Osan Air Base

USFK buses to Osan AB are paid services. Are you absolutely sure you're 'prohibited' from catching the shuttle? Unless you're going to its general vicinity, you'd be getting on base anyway, with whatever document/process you've got.

See …army.mil/g1_ag/… read the Arrival Hall paragraph, then scroll down to Osan AB schedule.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ICN airport to Osan Air Base

I'm not military. My boyfriend is stationed over there and lives off base. He can not meet me at the airport so that's why I have to use public transportation.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ICN airport to Osan Air Base

Off-base housing. Okay, got it.

If that's the case, go to curbside bus stop 8A of the airport and catch a bus to Songtan(송탄). Terminus of the buses would be either Pyeongtaek or Anseong (past Songtan) but there are variant routes from 8A serving those termini while some of them do not stop at Songtan at all. Make sure of it before you get on board.

Also note that your bus will call at Osan City proper before reaching Songtan. Disregard this one, because the name of the base is in fact misleading and the base isn't even within the boundary of real Osan. Songtan Bus Terminal is the one you get off at, only half a mile from the main gate of K-55.

One-way fare would be around 11200 Korean Won. See the operator's timetable at: www.buspia.co.kr/_popup/popArea.asp?Seq=8

Right-side half of the table is southbound service FROM the airport (the left half being northbound TO the airport), the first column other than sequence number is ICN, the 5th column is arrival time at Songtan. E.g. The first bus would depart at 06:40 and drops you off at Songtan at 08:10.

Edited: 26 September 2013, 16:54
Whitney, TX
Level Contributor
1 post
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ICN airport to Osan Air Base

Stay home.

5. Re: ICN airport to Osan Air Base

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:17