We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to vacation to from Busan?! (for a week or 2)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Where to vacation to from Busan?! (for a week or 2)

Hi I am travelling to Busan, Korea for 4 months, during which I will be working.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good and inexpensive getaway for a week or so I can take in the beginning of May, or at the of August.

I've already been to China, so preferably somewhere else.

I wish to spend no more than 1000$ on this trip.

I am alone, female, early 20s (safety is important).

It can be a week off to relax (hoping Bali) or a week off to explore a new city or country.

I already plan on going to Seoul (I've been to already), and I prefer to Korea.

Thank you!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to vacation to from Busan?! (for a week or 2)

Okinawa if in Japan http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e7119.html

or some beaches in S Korea …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to vacation to from Busan?! (for a week or 2)

Thanks Nao, unfortunately I forgot to mention that I will be in Haeundae, so I will be right by South Korea Beaches!

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to vacation to from Busan?! (for a week or 2)

Jeju island has many natural wonders including scenic walking trails (Olle), beaches (better than Haewondae IMO), highest volcanic mountain peak in SK and huge lava tube. It's only one hr flight from Busan.

For international destinations, places like Cebu island or Boracay (Philippines) can be cheaper alternative to Bali. I would also recommend Angkor Wat in Cambodia, but the weather will be brutally hot in summer... (I went there in February and thought I was melting in jungle heat)

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to vacation to from Busan?! (for a week or 2)

How about Taiwan? It's only a couple of hours flight and you can spend a couple of days in Taipei and the rest of your holiday exploring the island and its countryside.

5. Re: Where to vacation to from Busan?! (for a week or 2)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:17