We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Sorak National Park

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mt Sorak National Park

Dear all,

I will be in Seoul during the first week of November and I am interested in visiting the Mt Sorak National Park (Heard and read that the autumn view is spectacular) , however i tried searching for relevant information but wasn't too sure.

I will be traveling with my mum who will be unfit for hiking , hence, i thought we can just ride the cable car up and probably walk a bit to visit some temple there? - is this actually possible or do we have to hike all the way up ?

Also, is this a very far distance away from the city area? We are looking into staying at Myeondong area and I would like to know how accessible this place is.

Thanks in advance!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Sorak National Park

…visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp…

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Sorak National Park

Well, for starters, Seoraksan National Park is not anywhere near Myeongdong, or Seoul at all, I'm afraid. You will need to take an express bus from Seoul to Sokcho (about 3 hours?) and then local transport to the park itself. I'm not sure how much walking you have to do to get to the cable car, but it's possible you will have to wait quite a while to board the cable car as there are no advance bookings.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Sorak National Park

Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Sorak National Park

Mt Seorak will be very beautiful in autumn. It will also be very crowded during the period.

We visited it in spring. It was also crowded then as it was Vesak Day..

We avoided the hassle of taking the buses by hiring a car and an English-speaking Korean driver. He picked us up from Incheon Airport. He was most helpful. He queued for the tickets for the cable car and helped us along the hiking trails.

We stayed 1 night at Seoraksan Tourist Hotel (not sure whether it is still operating). The hotel was a short walk away from the cable car station, hiking trails and the temple. We had a great time as the Koreans we met along the short hikes were very friendly and helpful.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Sorak National Park

Hi Ann232013, Thank you!

Can i just check if we need to hike to take the cable car?

And if the cable car is a round trip back?

Will it be feasible to do just a day trip?

Would you mind sharing with me how much it costed you to engage your driver?

Apologize to be bothering you with so many questions , the thing is i hope there isn't too much hiking invovled as my mother isn't really fit enough to do any hiking, but i know she will love the scenery!

Thanks!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Sorak National Park

Hi YuxinJoy,

Since you have a number of questions, can you let me have your email address so that I can write to you direct.

Thank You.

Ann

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mt Sorak National Park

Thank you Ann! My email address is yuxin.ngiam@gmail.com

8. Re: Mt Sorak National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:16