We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private car & driver from Incheon to DMZ and Seoul

San Diego
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Private car & driver from Incheon to DMZ and Seoul

We are arriving in Incheon port at 7am, and would like to hire a private car & driver (or small organized tour) to visit Mun San-Ni (where I was stationed) and Seoul, and the DMZ if time allows. Our ship departs at 7pm. Does anyone know of reputable tour companies or guides for this itinerary?

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,728 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private car & driver from Incheon to DMZ and Seoul

I can't really help much.

Munsan is on the good side of the civilian controled zone, and ought to be visitable. The DMZ itself I don't think you can visit just like that.

You can see into it, but it's not clear to me that you can actually visit it. May I suggest you contact USO:

http://affiliates.uso.org/korea/

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private car & driver from Incheon to DMZ and Seoul

DMZ, as an abbr. of De-Militaried Zone, indicates the entire heavily fortified North-South Korean border stretching 155 miles. If you're referring to one famous site where you get to see armed guards from both sides facing each other in close proximity, the name is Panmunjeom.

This distiction is important because not all tours of 'DMZ' take you to Panmunjeom, unless you specify so. There are a few observation posts and infiltration tunnels open to the general public, but I don't suppose that's the picture you have in mind.

And you don't get to drive up to Panmunjeom on your own, even if you're a holder of United Nations Laissez-Passer. You need to register for an organized tour of Panmunjeom far in advance, and USO is indeed the best channel out there, although the number of seats are limited and competition is usually high.

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private car & driver from Incheon to DMZ and Seoul

You can also check out list of tour agencies that go to Panmunjeom, military complex where soldier from SK and NK face each other around conference facility, …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp…

Seoul, South Korea
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private car & driver from Incheon to DMZ and Seoul

Contact the USO. They have the cheapest and best tour.

5. Re: Private car & driver from Incheon to DMZ and Seoul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 05:21