We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Trip to Seoul-Best area to stay?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,160 posts
437 reviews
Save Topic
First Trip to Seoul-Best area to stay?

Hi people

We'll be staying three nights in Seoul on our way back from Europe the last week of June. It will be our first visit (not counting the compulsory one night stop over on the way over).

While I'm obviously reading the forum and getting a lot of useful info I wonder what the experts would suggest as a good area to stay for a first time visitor.

We'd like to be in an area where you can pop out at night for interesting local food, and perhaps do a bit of sightseeing (if Korean Air are good no doubt we'll be back in Seoul soon!) We don't need nightclubs or shopping or US fast food.

Any suggestions for a nice hotel (under $150US?) would be also welcome.

Regards

ctrunfree

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,951 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Trip to Seoul-Best area to stay?

suggest Ibis Myeongdong- meets your criteria. Personally don't rate KE as high as Asiana, but they're still good.

Mentioned in this post
Guest House Myeongdong
Guest House Myeongdong
73 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,160 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Trip to Seoul-Best area to stay?

Thanks Ethelman, I was thinking the same thing about the Ibis after reading the reviews!

Korean perhaps not as good as Asiana but the price was right for an openjaw Sydney/Vienna, Zurich/Sydney!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Trip to Seoul-Best area to stay?

I've booked the Ibis Myeong Dong for my first visit to Seoul too!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Dong Seoul
Hotel Dong Seoul
116 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
4. Re: First Trip to Seoul-Best area to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 07:17