We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

I have 6 persons travelling to Seoul in May (4 seniors over 65 years old) and expect to arrive at Incheon Int'l at about 9.30pm. We'll be staying at MyeongDong Guest House. I'm concerned that we may miss #6015 (last bus leaves Incheon at 1045pm?), so I'm planning to cab it from the airport. Could someone advise on the estimated cost of a jumbo taxi from the airport directly to my hotel (including taxes and surcharges?)? Thanks in advance!

Seoul
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

Yes. the last bus of 6015 is 10:45 pm from the airport. The jumbo taxi fare is around US $ 65~70 to get to the area, City hall, Myeongdong..

Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

Just to share my experience ~ it would be better to take the taxi as there are 6 people with luggages. The bus fare cost 9000won per person and you would have to walk down/upstairs to get across the road to Myeongdong Guesthouse (no dashing across the road in Seoul as it's very dangerous).

I hope your seniors are all still physically fit as I had stayed in Myeongdong Guesthouse before and they had only one room on ground level and the rest are upstairs (unless you just meant a guesthouse in Myeongdong and not by that name).

singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

Thank you for your replies! I guess we'll take the jumbo taxi then, to spare the hassle of dragging luggage through the streets and stairs to get to the Guest House. Will I need to pre-book a jumbo taxi, or will it be easy to find one when I arrive at Incheon Int'l itself, given that we will arrive at about 9.30pm on a Friday? Also, will the fare be metered, or fixed?

Seoulmad, yes, I've booked MyeongDong Guest House itself. Is it easy to navigate the stairs in the Guest House itself? After reading your comment, I'm now worried that the seniors may find it difficult to climb the staircases to their rooms ( they're all fit for their age, but with the usual knee/ hipjoint problems).

Thank you all again!

Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

The stairs at the guesthouse are quite narrow and steep. It would be a task to drag the luggages up and down but I'm sure the owner would assist if you request for assistance. The only advantage about the guesthouse is it's convenient location to the subway (just about 100m).

calgary
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

we are planning to book this guest house in june,we arrive in 3pm,we are only 3 people,as your experience,should we take the taxi or bus,one thing I worry is,how far from the bus stop walk to the guest house,with the luggage?

Edited: 03 April 2010, 07:19
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

calgary01,

On any map, the location seems to be 'right across' from Myeongdong Station airport bus stop, but the thing is there exists no surface crossing nearby. The underground passage right next to the bus stop is the only option, and boldly dashing across this 8-lane busy boulevard is hardly worth considering, unlike some other countries.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

For reliable taxi reservation, check this link.

intltaxi.co.kr:8099/intltaxi/…main.jsp

By this international jumbo taxi, it is 95,000won to Myeongdong.(toll not included)

Edited: 04 April 2010, 01:45
8. Re: Late arrival at Incheon & getting to MyeongDong Guest House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2010, 05:15