We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Incheon Airport to Hotel

San Francisco
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Incheon Airport to Hotel

What is the best way to get from Incheon Airport to our hotel, Fraser Suites Insadong? We arrive in Seoul at about 7 pm local time. We have a big group - 4 adults, 1 child (4 years) and 1 infant. So we have a total of 6 people with lots of luggage, car seat, stroller, etc. I've heard a lot about the limos and buses but most of them do not let you out in front of your hotel and I don't think we can walk even a few blocks with the kids and all the luggage to the hotel from where the bus or limos drop you off. Are we better off with a taxi? If so, what is the cost? I heard that the taxi drivers there are quite aggressive and often times try to charge more than usual for tourists. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Seoul
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Incheon Airport to Hotel

The problem with this location is that it is right in the middle of Insa-dong, which is primarily a walking street.

The Frasier Suites is not far from the nearest Airport Limousine Bus stop, (about 10 mins from Anguk-dong stop for bus # 6011 or Jongro-2ga stop on Bus# 6002... it is in between the two stops)

If I were you, I would pay attention to the weather forecast and if rain is expected, I would arrange a van pickup service (there are plenty out there... check out http://www.kltaxi.com/eng/html/greeting.asp) If not, I would just walk from the bus stop since it's only a 10 minute walk.

Or you can contact the hotel and ask them for a pickup at either one of the bus stop. I would recommend the Anguk-dong stop because the street there is not as busy. Most hotels have a van.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Incheon Airport to Hotel

frasersuitesseoul.co.kr/kor/…

As you can see, vehicle access is very much possible, therefore a minivan taxi all the way from the airport, fair or raining, period.

If you were a company of two young backpackers, for example, I'd have said take the airport shuttle and cover the rest on foot and save a few bucks.

But obviously you're not, and you have babies to protect along with extra luggages to worry about. Cost-wise, four adults on upper-class airport bus easily add up to KRW 56000-ish. Even the International Taxi (http://www.intltaxi.co.kr:8099/intltaxi/html/en/service/price.jsp ; officially endorsed by Seoul Met. Govt., supposedly foreigner-friendly, ergo premium-priced) costs KRW 95000. (what you need is a 'Large' Taxi, a.k.a. 'Jumbo Taxi' or 'Call Van') That's still less than double the amount of the former, yet you save a lot of hassle. The difference, KRW 39000 converts to some USD 34 by the latest rate, which means each adult pays 10 bucks more for the taxi. Since you don't tip the taxi drivers in South Korea - no, you don't and are not expected to - you might as well regard the difference as the tip for the driver as if you're in the States.

Quotes from other minivan operators to the same area (Insadong/Jongno) are around KRW 80000~90000, therefore it's rather negligeable. A few cases of malpractice have been reported before regarding airport taxis, and it's a tricky negotiation even for the locals. But as far as the fare is officially fixed, there's no way you can get ripped off.

Edited: 06 March 2010, 03:44
San Francisco
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Incheon Airport to Hotel

Thank you so much for the information. That is very helpful.

4. Re: Best way to get from Incheon Airport to Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 05:20