We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple of questions about Seoul....

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
A couple of questions about Seoul....

Hi all

I am flying in to Seoul for a 2 night stopover before continuing on to Europe. I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate some info...

Firstly, I am travelling with my large mountain bike (boxed up) but do not need it while I am in Seoul. Is there luggage storage facilities at Incheon Airport where I can leave the bike for a couple of days while I sample the delights of Seoul? If so, any idea how much it might cost to store for 36 hours? If not, will it be a hassle taking the bike on the bus from the airport and in a taxi back to the airport? I am particularly concerned about the taxi in terms of storage space...

Secondly, I am about to book and pay for the USO DMZ tour. The website mentions that they do not refund the fee if the tour is cancelled at short notice because of militiary issues etc. Given the current tensions between the South and the North, I am concerned that they might cancel at the last minute and I will have wasted my money... Can anyone shed some light on whether the current events, the tensions over the joint South Korean/US military exercises and the sinking of the South Korean naval ship etc etc are likely to create the sort of conditions where DMZ tours might be cancelled?

Thanks

Aussie Red Ted.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple of questions about Seoul....

The tour won't be canceled unless something MAJOR happens (ie a bombing or actual war). I lived in Seoul for the past year when tensions were really high between the North and South and still visited the DMZ without any issues. Unless something really big happens between the two countries, your tour should go on without a problem.

Erin

traveleatrepeat.com

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple of questions about Seoul....

Thanks Erin

Thats great. I appreciate the advice.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple of questions about Seoul....

There are two luggage storages at 3rd floor of the airport. one(Hanjin express) near A island, the other(Korea express) M island.

Check this link.

airport.kr/airport/…

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple of questions about Seoul....

Hi SeoulHyena

Thanks, I had looked at the airport website but had missed that. Much appreciated.

Regards

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple of questions about Seoul....

The loss of South Korean corvette was a tragic event with 40+ sailors presumed MIA/KIA, but it doesn't seem like North Korea is directly involved or responsible for it, according to ROK/US intelligence agencies.

The most immediate 'issue' between two Koreas is the negotiation regarding Mt. Geumgang Tourist Area, but the issue is hardly a military one.

I think you can go ahead with your Panmunjeom Tour.

Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple of questions about Seoul....

Hi DeltaEagle

Thanks for for the info. Much appreciated.

7. Re: A couple of questions about Seoul....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2010, 05:18