We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpackers for a family

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Backpackers for a family

We are considering using a backpackers style accomodation whilst in Seoul for 3 nights.

Have any of you tried any of them with a family? (children 11 & 8) some appear to have en-suite family rooms - which is what we want.

Can anybody suggest some good ones we could look at please?

If we did use them would we likely be the only family there or will there normally be a range of ages staying?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpackers for a family

so can i asume from the lack of answers that nobody else has tried a backpackers / hostel style accomodation with a family?

should we be looking at hotels then instead?

Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpackers for a family

Hi hope my reply didn't come too late :)

Personally I've no experience staying in hostel but have stayed in a guesthouse. As I travel with my teenage kids, we had a spacious room (ondol) to ourselves with attached bath. I worked out the figures and find that it wouldn't be much of a saving if we were to stay in a hostel (eg. 18x3 = 54/night at hostel and 60/room at guesthouse). I get free breakfast and daily room cleaning with change of bath towels.

Anyway, here a link I hope could be of help to you. Have a wonderful trip cos Seoul is a wonderful place to enjoy.

…visitkorea.or.kr/enu/AC/AC_EN_4_1_3.jsp

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Backpackers for a family

thanks that really useful.

sverige
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Backpackers for a family

I am going to Seoul in june with my family, 3 children (12, 10 and 2 years old)

I have booked a vip1 room at Namsan guest house after tips from this forum

http://www.namsanguesthouse.com

We are staying for 3 nights!

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Namsan Park
Namsan Park
1,877 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Backpackers for a family

thanks - i looked at that one. The room is Korean style isnt it with mattresses on the floor?

I would be really interested to hear from you after you visit to see what it was like before we book.

Have a great time

Singapore
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Backpackers for a family

Yes, namsan guesthouse is the best place I've stayed in Seoul. The staff are all really friendly and helpful especially manager, Robin.

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
7. Re: Backpackers for a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 05:16