We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation

I'll be going to Jeju in October for business and will be extending my trip (with my husband joining in) for a couple more days in Jeju and another two nights in Seoul.

We haven't decided on the hotel to stay at in Seoul but would prefer a nice 5-star to relax a bit which is not too far from the tourist sites. Any recommendation please?

Thanks!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,819 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Probably Lotte Hotel (downtown) or Westim Chosun might be good. I personally make use of the subway and stay south of the river in the COEX area (eg Grand Intercontinental)

In my view the best hotel is The Shilla, but it is on Namsan and just a little way out of the main areas

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Thanks for the recommendation. We'll probably go with Westin Chosun although I really wanted to stay at The Shilla. Given the limited time we have in Seoul I guess it's best to stay downtown instead of on Namsan.

Pago Pago, American...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation

We are looking for a family room of 4 people in good location. Please help us to find it with the budget of 70 to 100 USD/ night.

Thank you so much!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation

I would also recommend the Chosun Westin as the #1 choice for you. It's got excellent service and an unbeatable location in downtown Seoul. But be aware that the rooms tend to be smaller than other places because it is a very old hotel (though they did renovate significantly a few months ago). Also, there is no swimming pool (but it's too cold in Seoul at that time anyhow). The seafood/sushi/Indian/Chinese/Italian buffet at Aria downstairs is wonderful! The Shilla Hotel is also an excellent option.

If you don't mind being further away (20-30 minutes from downtown), the W Hotel is quite trendy, has a great bar, and also an indoor swimming pool (outdoor, too, but it is closed then). You may also look at the Park Hyatt Hotel. It's run like a boutique hotel and has a great brunch buffet. It is located next to the COEX Shopping Mall, but not much else. You'll need to take a taxi or the nearby subway to go anywhere.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Dustin, the average price of a hotel room in Seoul is about 150,000 won. So you'll be very challenged to find one for your budget, especially for four people. I hope someone else can recommend something for you, but honestly you may want to consider raising your budget. Even some luxury motels in Seoul cost 70,000 won and up. If you don't mind staying in a motel (there will be a lot of couples walking in and out), then that might be an option. You'll still need two rooms though since there are four of you.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Hi Dustin,

Try Innostel : http://innostel.visitseoul.net/en/

Not only you'll get free airport transfer, there is also special promotion rates.

Good Luck !!

Pago Pago, American...
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Hi Westinhan,

We do not have any idea about won so can you quote in USD. In Seoul we have to spend in Won only? if yes we have to arrange it from my home or ca change at the airport. How much for the good exchanges?

For the hotel we really need a family room because my kids are small and need our cares.

Thank you so much!

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Hi Dustin,

Have you check Innostel yet ?

M Hotel, Hotel Hawaii & Gogoong Hotel are some of the examples hotel with 2 Double Beds (twin room) and you could also browse other hotels.. Most twin room in Innostel has 1 Double Bed and 1 Single Bed.

Good Luck !!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
983 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Recommendation

Dustin

http://www.rainbowinseoul.co.kr/e-triple.htm

Triple Room for US$80

-has Double (or larger) and 2 singles.

- 1 extra bed for KRW 10,000 (USD 8.42).

2 minutes to Subway, 1 stop to Seoul Station and 2 to City Hall and plenty of cafes in vicinity for inexpensive meals.

I stayed there Oct 2009. I think this is value for money. Very easy to go anywhere.

DCtheKiw

10. Re: Hotel Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2011, 05:16