We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

love motels

Level Contributor
94 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
love motels

Hi. Two of us are staying in seoul for 4/5 nights. We were thinking of turning up to a love motel. But where is the best location to find them? I don't want to be struggling to find accommodation on our first night.

Also, how much would it cost per night for a twin room? The best hotel I can find is Yim's house (45000 KRW for a twin room), but this obviously gives us the comfort of booking in advance. So is a love motel really that much cheaper?

Likely To Sell Out
N Korea DMZ and Joint Security Area...
291 Reviews
from US$134.90*
Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul
128 Reviews
from US$45.50*
Full-Day Essential Seoul Tour
59 Reviews
from US$95.00*
Special Offer
Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ...
78 Reviews
from US$39.60*
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: love motels

There are thousands of love motels all over the city. They range in price from 30,000 won per night to over 100,000 won per night. Not surprisingly, you can find many near bars, pubs, and nightclubs. Nightlife areas are Jongno, Hongdae, Gangnam, etc. So it really depends on which area you want to stay. Obviously, the wealthier Gangnam area is more expensive. But it also has better rooms. There are also many love motels in Yeouido and Yeongdeungpo.

The cheaper option is yogwan which are just cheaper love motels. These are generally 20,000 won to 40,000 won per night. You can find them by looking for the sauna steam icon.

Hotels in Seoul range from 70,000 won to 500,000 won per night. Average is between 150,000 won and 250,000 won per night. So yes, love motels are generally cheaper. And sometimes they are quite nice with jacuzzi, etc. But generally you get what you pay for.

Level Contributor
94 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: love motels

thanks very much. It seems Kim's guesthouse is pretty good value then. So I'll stay there just to have peace of mind of knowing where I'm going once I get to the airport. Thanks again.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
986 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: love motels

Have a look at these 2 hotels.

Rate is really good at either and both well located and get good reviews. Closer to the style you would be used to, if that is important.

http://www.rainbowinseoul.co.kr/e-intro.htm Double from USD 60

4. Re: love motels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2011, 05:17