We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seoul with a toddler with some dietary requirements

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Seoul with a toddler with some dietary requirements

Hi,

My husband, toddler and I will be staying in Seoul for 3 nights in early July. My daughter is on a wheat-free, dairy-free diet, and I'm just wondering how easy it will be to find suitable foods for her?

Also, do the taxi's have child safety seats available? What's the safest way to travel from airport to hotel?

Any other advice for visiting with a toddler - where to see etc would be most welcome.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seoul with a toddler with some dietary requirements

My daughter is on a wheat-free, dairy-free diet, and I'm just wondering how easy it will be to find suitable foods for her?

-->> 'Diet' for a toddler sounds rather ambiguous. Is it some kind of baby formula that you're looking for, or is she old enough to eat food from an ordinary restaurant?

Also, do the taxi's have child safety seats available?

-->> No, none, nada.

What's the safest way to travel from airport to hotel?

-->> Depends on where your hotel is.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seoul with a toddler with some dietary requirements

I was referring to food not formula, but she is intolerant to wheat and dairy, it will make her sick if she eats it, hence special diet, in the normal sense of the phrase.

We're staying at the Marriott Executive Apartments in the financial district.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seoul with a toddler with some dietary requirements

When we went to Seoul, we took a limo bus to the airport to the hotel (Hilton) and back. It was efficient and went smoothly. I recommend it.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,665 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seoul with a toddler with some dietary requirements

" was referring to food not formula, but she is intolerant to wheat and dairy, it will make her sick if she eats it, hence special diet, in the normal sense of the phrase."

Well, it's still not clear to me what you want. Do you want to know if you can go to a shop and buy food for your child or do you want to know if you can go into a restaurant and order a meal for your child, please? If you would answer Delta Eagle's question without telling us what the normal meaning of "diet" is, you will get better help!

In restaurants dairy and wheat free is not a problem. However some food will be spicy and may therefore not be hugely suitable. Food like bibimbap is ok- does "dairy" include eggs- if so, you need to learn the Korean for "without egg please" as bibmbap sometimes comes with a fried egg on top. Rice dishes will be fine; barbecues, like samgyeopsal, or bulgogi will work too. Fish will also be fine.

Most Korean restaurants serve lots of dishes on the table and you pick from them. Western chains exist in profusion but they of course may well have more dairy/wheat hidden- eg potatoes may have butter.

Food to buy in shops would be more of a challenge without reading Korean.

I strongly doubt that many people in Korea will have the English to understand your needs, certainly not in ordinary shops.

5. Re: Seoul with a toddler with some dietary requirements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2012, 05:17