We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changdeokgung Palace

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Changdeokgung Palace

Hi

May I know the guided tour in English, must I make a reservation?

The guided tour does include the secret garden?

Thanks

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,857 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

No, the garden tour is separate from the palace tour, and costs extra.

We simply walked up and got tickets, but this was in March so it was not high tourist season.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,109 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

Do you have the right palace?

The famous secret garden is at the back of the Gyeongbok palace. Changdeok does have a garden, of course,

For neither do you need to make a reservation.

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

Emm, ethelman, the famous garden, Biwon (secret garden) is actually at Changdeokgung Palace. I went to the garden tour last year which was quite beautiful, after the tour was over, I was allowed to walk around palace ground on my own. Here is more info, …visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_2_4.jsp…

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,109 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

you're quite right of course! Brain dead today.

What was confusing me was that when I last went you could ONLY do a combined tour- there was no separate tour of the garden. Has that changed?

It used to be guided tours only except Thurs. On Thurs you could do a sefl-guided tour of the palace but Biwon/Huwon was closed.

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
297 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

hi

can we actually choose just to visit the garden and not changdeokgung? i read that the entrance fees are paid separately, so i guess we must pay twice to visit these 2 places and we can choose to go to just one? or do we need to do both as in like a package?

thanks. am planning to just visit Biwon...

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,857 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

>>What was confusing me was that when I last went you could ONLY do a combined tour- there was no separate tour of the garden. Has that changed?<<

I visited in late March and that's what we were told: two separate tours with different admission prices.

singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

Hi. You need to pay around 3,000 won for the entrance fee to changdeokgung itself.

You also need to pay additional 5,000 won for the guided tour to Biwon. You need not make any reservation. Just go there. I went for the 11.30 am English guided tour last March. Worth the money.

singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

Hi. You need to pay around 3,000 won for the entrance fee to changdeokgung itself.

You also need to pay additional 5,000 won for the guided tour to Biwon. You need not make any reservation. Just go there. I went for the 11.30 am English guided tour last March. Worth the money.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

Hi Thor11

Thanks for the reply, 11.30am guided tour is for both Changdeokgung and Biwon?

singapore
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changdeokgung Palace

No. I only took guided tour to Biwon. I don't really explore changdeokgung cos I've previously visited gyeongbukgung, which I think, is grander than the former. that's just my opinion.