We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

Seoul, South Korea
9 posts
Save Topic
8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

Hi: I'm currently staying at Gangnam and have an 8:40am flight out of Incheon Int'l Airport. I'm considering the subway because it seems so affordable. How early does the subway operate? Can I take the the subway say... 4AM Wednesday?

Thanks in advance!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,402 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

First AREX leaves Seoul station at 5:30. You might get a taxi to catch that.

I don't know where you stay, but the FIRST train on the circle line leaves Gangnam station at 05:35. It takes about 40 mins from Gangnam station to Seoul station, so you would not leave Seoul station until maybe 6:40, getting to Incheon about 7:30, in my opinion.

My view is take the bus from CALT, for 16000 won!

Edited: 20 June 2011, 15:34
Seoul, South Korea
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

Hi ethelman! Thanks for your response. Where can I get more info on the bus from CALT? Where can I take it? What are the hours of departure?

Seoul, South Korea
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

I'm staying at the Coatel Chereville in Gangnam.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,402 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

Coatel is 8 mins walk from Gangnam station- from there you would need to get to Samseong station 3 stops away.

Best to take a tax to CALT (formerly City Air Terminal). This will cost about 5000won.

First bus leaves 05:30, non stop to Incheon.

Seoul, South Korea
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

can I buy tickets in advance to guarantee a spot? Or should I get there super early?

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,402 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

I've NEVER had to wait for the bus after next.- always managed to get the next bus. But have never been there really early. in morning. sorry -why don't you go down and check it out before you travel on the bus

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

Airport bus 6009 starts running at 04:10 from its Irwon-dong terminus, in roughly 20-minute interval.

Simply walk out toward the main street (Gangnam Daero) from Coatel Chereville, you'll see the northbound centerline bus platform. That's where you take 6009.

The bus will head further north for 3 more stops till Sinsa station, then straight off to ICN.

Such an early morning traffic is negligible, hence it'll take about 60 minutes from Gangnam to ICN by 6009.

No need to bother traveling to the opposite direction all the way to Samseong CALT.

Edited: 21 June 2011, 10:39
Seoul, South Korea
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

Great! Thanks so much for the info Delta!

9. Re: 8:40AM flight out of Incheon Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 09:19