We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

Troon
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

Thinking of staying at the JW Marriott hotel the night before our cruise from Incheon. We have one night and a full day, how would be the best way to get from the hotel to the cruise port and how long is it likely to take or any other suggestions for hotels is Seoul

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,850 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

I do not think Marriot is a good location to see Seoul, I'm afraid. I'd go for Lotte hotel, or Shilla, or Westin Chosun.

They are much more central. OTOH the cost of a taxi from there to Incheon is only going to be 5,000 won more (2.5 UK pounds)

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

Since Incheon Harbour hasn't yet built a passenger terminal dedicated to cruise ships, you need to verify first which pier or international ferry terminal you're expected to report to.

It's a little bit tricky to get to the Port of Incheon from JW Marriot Gangnam, the best route I can think of is to take Line 9 metro to Noryangjin Station and transfer to a 'Rapid' train of Line 1 heading for Dong-Incheon. (and then cover the rest by taxi)

If you indeed take this route, without T-money traffic card (equivalent of London Oyster Card), then make sure to purchase two separate tickets in advance for Express Bus Terminal (where JW Marriot Gangnam is) - Noryangjin leg, and Noyangjin - Dong-Incheon leg. Currently a single ticket on metro cannot process a 'touch-out/touch-in' transfer as would be the case at Noryangjin, where you get out through Exit 2 of Line 9, proceed some 50 meters on foot in order to touch-in at the ground-level gate to your left, leading into the dedicated platform for rapid trains to Cheonan or Dong-Incheon.

Troon
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

thank you. Any idea how far the JW Marriot is timewise if we went by taxi to the port and roughly how much should we expect to pay

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

The distance is no less than 40 kilometers, comparable to traveling from Manchester to Liverpool. Taxi ride to Incheon Port will have to be negotiated for in advance, unlike a casual ride within the city limit.

This one, endorsed by Seoul Metropolitan Government (http://www.intltaxi.co.kr), would be your best bet in order to avoid rip-offs, etc, yet I doubt you can use the fare for Incheon International Airport as a benchmark for a ride to Incheon City proper, as the former is usually regarded as a 'special zone' in calculating taxi fares.

Troon
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

Thank you for the information. We are arriving from the UK into Incheon Airport at 1630 and would like to see something of Seoul but need to be back at Incheon port the next day at about 1700 hours. I have read that there is a train link directly from Incheon Airport into central Seoul taking around 45 minutes, is this correct? We would like a decent hotel that is near this rail link station

As our time is very limited do you think we should stay in the Incheon area rather than trying to squeeze time in Seoul?

New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

AREX train travels from ICN to Seoul station. Millennium Seoul Hilton Hotel, Fraser Central Place, Ramada Hotel & Suites Seoul Namdaemun are hotels near the Seoul station

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,850 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

I agree to stay near Seoul station, but would remind you of the KAL Limo bus, which is dearer and slower BUT would take you and your bags direct to Millenium Hilton. They load/unload bags for you. O/wise you'd need a cab from Seoul station, after towing bags from AREX train. I prefer the bus as with jetlag I like simple.

Next day you can grab a cab to Incheon port, or to Seoul station- train to Incheon is fine, but a bit awkward with bags. A cab to Port from Hilton will be about 80,000won (I'm told!).

Edited: 06 July 2011, 17:36
8. Re: JW Marriot Hotel to cruise port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 03:15