We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay near Itaewon

Austin
Level Contributor
147 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay near Itaewon

I'm visiting my son (he's teaching English) in Seoul in September on my own. He's moving soon and will probably be in Itaewon so I would like to stay nearby. Has anybody had any experience with Hotel D'oro? It is mentioned in Lonely Planet, but they have no website. Any other suggestions for a single female traveler on a modest but not cheap budget?

Mentioned in this post
Seoul
Seoul
South Korea
Itaewon
Itaewon
498 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
New York
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

I've looked up the hotel on popular Korean search site (naver.com) both in English and Korean. There was a one blog page came up (dated on 2009) when I type in English, however that site is password protected, so I couldn't read contents. In Korean search, nothing came up.

If I were you I would look up the another hotel since there are extremely few public information. I suspect this hotel may be no longer in business. There are couple of hotels in Itaewon area such as IP Boutique or Hamilton.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

Hotel D'oro listed in Innostel e-book (page 72) and the room rates is between 66,000won ~120,000won.

…visitseoul.net/Pds/…index.html

Although it listed, i couldn't find this hotel under Innostel official website.

I guess you'll need to contact the hotel directly.

FYI, Innostel has special promotion (20% off) and free airport pick-up & drop off.

http://innostel.visitseoul.net/en/

Edited: 08 July 2011, 14:00
3. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2011, 11:04
4. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2011, 11:05
New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

Hi there. My husband and I ended up staying at Doro for 5 nights we were also visiting our son. It was good actually, Really clean with all you need in the rooms. We originally stayed 4 nights at The Crown but as we had only booked for 4 nights originally we were unable to book extra nights. Our Son suggested Doro. I was a bit concerned for a start as it was sort of eluded to as a "Love Hotel" which was odd. However, if this was the case it certainly didn't appear to be obvious. The Doro was a good price as well far cheaper than The Crown and was far nicer to stay in and very quiet. TV and Computer in your room. It is extremely central in Itaewon, and so central to everything in Itaewon.

The staff were great and most obliging. Our room was great, heaps of steps to walk up to it but apparently there is a back street where you can drive but we didn't bother to check that out as we tended to get taxis and asked to be dropped by the Hamilton Hotel which is almost next door.

I would say go for it as long as you realise it could be what they call a "Love Hotel" and if that thought doesn't bother you it would be great I am sure. I am happy to try and answer any more questions. We stayed there 16th July so it was fairly recent.

Mentioned in this post
Itaewon
Itaewon
498 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Hamilton Hotel Seoul
Hamilton Hotel Seoul
446 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
13,726 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

I booked Hamilton for early Oct. You said it is next door. Why Doro? not Hamilton? How is Hamilton?

I too am affraid of avoid all Love Motels, changing of customers every few hours, lovers or women from the street or bars. So you do not think Doro is a Love Motel? there should be obvious signs if you stayed for 4 days. If true, what a bad rap for the hotel to be known as such.

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

We didn't go to the Hamilton Hotel as it was just so much more expensive and really we only wanted somewhere to stay so were only in the room for the nights.

Hamilton Hotel does look good so I am pretty sure you will be happy there.

However, I would go to the Doro again without hesitation. Check it out when you get there.

Mentioned in this post
Hamilton Hotel Seoul
Hamilton Hotel Seoul
446 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
Austin
Level Contributor
147 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

I ended up staying at the IP Boutique Hotel, but I had time to locate and walk up to the D'Oro following their signs. I asked to see a room but was only shown photos. They had lots of posters on the street and pointing up the alley where they are located. Each poster boasted "Day Use". That's a little too clear for my taste.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

would u be so kind to provide me some contact information or how to make reservation and such?

thanks

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Place to stay near Itaewon

I actually don't have anything anymore on D'oro. I googled about it just now and there doesn't appear to be much information. (http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=150105. ) Someone had given a phone number in this.

When we stayed in Itaewon we just confronted and asked to check out the room first then booked to stay.