We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DMZ day tour

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
DMZ day tour

Hi guys! need some pointers. Is the DMZ day tour worth it? What else is enroute to & fro? Will children age 11 years old allow to join?

tucson, az
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DMZ day tour

Well, if you do the full day tour- I did it through the USO- it'll be thorough. It does take about all day- we left at 6:30 AM I think and returned at about 6 PM (however we left from a military base so times from Seoul may be a little different). We hit Imjingak, Mt Dora, the train station, a place for lunch and Panmunjeom where we saw a slide show, got to go outside and look at some buildings, got to go into one, and took a short bus ride to various points of interest.

I'm not sure what the minimum age is for tourists, but be aware that if they are allowed and you choose one that goes to Panmunjeom that they will have to obey what the soldiers say. They won't be allowed to wander randomly, take photos of whatever they want, shout or disobey the soldiers.

Level Contributor
64 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DMZ day tour

I think the minimum age is 10, and from all i have heard, the best tour is the USO tour!!!

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,410 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DMZ day tour

As I said in March:

"what tour do you want?

The tour to Panmunjeom (JSA tour) is NOT available to children under 11, full stop. As you need to show your passports, you cannot pretend, either.

Tours into the CCZ (civilian controlled zone) ARE OK for children. You see infiltration tunnels, you see into N Korea from an observatory but you do NOT go to Panmunjeom"

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DMZ day tour

Thanks Guys! Guest i'll skip the DMZ and come back again to visit when the time is right. I 'll just stick to shopping, sight-seeing, lotte world, everland.

5. Re: DMZ day tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 05:16