We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Before departure half day- thing to do?

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
117 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Before departure half day- thing to do?

Hi,

My last day in Seoul will be Sunday, flight ETD from Incheon Intl airport 1630 korean air, I am staying around Achasan station.

3 people adults with 1 each checked in luggage.

Any suggestion for last minute visiting / pls advice on check in outside Incheon, is it recommended?

thank you in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Before departure half day- thing to do?

More info is required - like what do you like to do and what is it you would have already done by that stage!! Personally, I would go somewhere picturesque to take it all in and top of that I would be making sure I ate something divine before I got onto my plane.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
117 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Before departure half day- thing to do?

these are probably thing i should hv cover:

day 1

Gyeongbukgung palace + Tosochon restaurant

Myeongdong cathedral + Sinseon seolnontang

Namsan Cable car

day 2 (after 5pm)

Myeongdong street to Lotte Department store

day 3 (after 5pm)

hangang river cruise

63 tower

day 4 (saturday)

insadong

Night- attend function at Sheraton walkerhil

day5 (sunday)

free until departure 1630.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
964 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Before departure half day- thing to do?

Hi

Early check-in is available for Korean Air passengers downtown at Seoul Station.

visitkorea.or.kr/ena/GK/GK_EN_2_2_4.jsp#01

Then you are obliged to take to AREX (Airport Railway Express) express line, no stops, which takes only 30 minutes. Sounds ideal.

Maybe a taxi to Seoul Station as Achasan and Walkerhill are outside the centre, them you can use the subway.

On the blue line, Seoul Station is 426 (Line 4).

If you go south to staion 430 you are at the National Museum of Korea and a Yongsan Family Park which is very pleasant.

This might interest you.

Station 428 is the War Memorial of Korea. This is military history but much to see... You can google this.

Good Luck

DCtheKiwi

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
117 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Before departure half day- thing to do?

thank you Acedog, i will check on that. any good restaurant around the suggested area ( or seoul station)?

tq.

5. Re: Before departure half day- thing to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:16