We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Lay Over

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Long Lay Over

Hi all,

On my return leg from Bangkok, my lay over is 5 hours and 5 minutes. I am wonder if is possible/fesible to go into the city for short sight seeing.

If that is possible, which one area would you recommend? Many thanks in advance.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Lay Over

Not easy, I'm afraid.

90 mins each way into town is pretty much it, although some trains are slightly quicker.

You could take a look at the question on layovers on right of this page. There are transit tours, although their hours of operation may not coincide with your layover

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Lay Over

Hi Ethelman,

Thank you for your reply. That is too bad that I am stuck at the airport for 5 hours.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
513 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Lay Over

It is one of the best airports in the world. I'm sure you'll enjoy. If you like, buy a lounge pass.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Lay Over

Thanks Josh...but for five hours? Hm. I have been through there many times. Definitely nicer than lots of our domestic airports.

5. Re: Long Lay Over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 08:17