We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free and Easy Korea Trip during March

Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Free and Easy Korea Trip during March

Hi all,

My boyfriend and I will be going to Korea, Seoul during March 2013, for 7 days (First Time!). We will only be going ard Seoul. We have already planned our itinerary however still have some enquiries. Really hope you guys can help us out on that.

1) After we arrived at the airport, can we just get our subway/metro card there? Is there any special fare for tourists? We will be traveling via metro most of the time as it seems to be the cheapest way to travel ard.

2) Can I get any pre-paid data plan for my smart phone or iPad? If it is available, may I know where can I get it from and how much will it cost?

3) As we will be staying out till late and say if we will to miss the last train, will it be expensive for us to take a taxi or will it be better that we stay overnight at a spa?

5) We will be staying at the area near to Gyeongbokgung Station, does anyone know of any nice and must go restaurant? Really look forward to the food (esp from the roadside)!

4) Last but not least, does anyone has any idea on how will the weather and temperature will it be during March?

Hope I didn't miss out anything and really appreciate your assiatance and kind attention!

Top Korea Tour - Private Day Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
This is KOREA Tours
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Korea GPS Travel
Multi-day Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Color of Korea Tour
City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free and Easy Korea Trip during March

1) Try the GS25 at the arrival halls level. I believe they sell the T-money card there. This card can be used for the metro, bus, taxi, convenience stores, and more. Otherwise you can find it at other metro stations or convenience stores.

2) I always use gmail to make calls for free, so can't help you there but I am sure there is some sort of data plan you can get.

3) Taxis are actually not too bad and you can use T-money to pay. I can't remember the exact starting price, around 230 or 320 yen?

4) Weather in March is still cold but sights shouldn't be too crowded.

5) Around Gyeongbokgung you can try samgyetang (chicken soup) at Tosokchon. Here are some photos : theseoulguide.com/food/restaurants/tosokchon/

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free and Easy Korea Trip during March

Sorry meant won, not yen

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Free and Easy Korea Trip during March

1. you can buy and top-up the T-money card from the convenience store in the arrival hall

2. you can rent a portable Wifi device from the airport. there are a few options, one is Olleh Wibro rental at 8000won/day, up to 4 devices can use the wifi. (there may be a discount if you rent more than a certain number of days)

this KTO site links you to the 3 telecom providers for korea, you can look through their websites for more details.

5. The Samcheongdong and Bukchon areas have lots of good eateries. Samcheongdong Sujebi (you can google for it) is quite good, as well as Tosokchon (listed above by Skatensx).

4. Re: Free and Easy Korea Trip during March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 10:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor