We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
780 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Can someone help to explain the exact walking direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator which will bring us up to the cable car station?

Many thanks !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

How to Get There: Take subway line 4 to Myeongdong Station (exit 4). Walk straight towards the Hoehyeon intersection (Shinsegae Dept. Store and Woori Bank are on the opp corner). Don't cross the road, turn left - walking in the direction of the Namsan Park/Namsan Tunnel - up the hill. The Namsan Oreumi is located at the entrance of Namsan Tunnel #3 (near the Hoehyeong 119 Safety Center).

This gives you a map and more details. www.visitseoul.net/en/article/article.do…

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
780 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Hi,

I am clear now, thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
780 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Hi Carol,

Any idea of the walking time involve?

Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Its all compact I would say 10-15 minutes or so from the station. I'd probably check out the department store on the way though. :) So if it was me there would be an hour detour for certain!

Edited: 04 October 2013, 01:07
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
780 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Haha, LOL! You are right! It could be more than that for myself !

Thanks !

Sam_4_2008
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Is the Namsan Oreumi one way or you take the same elevator back down?

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

It's a mini-funicular, not an escalator. Hence what goes up has to come down.

Sam_4_2008
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Thanks. I hear after you get off the cable car you still need to walk a flight of staircase to the N tower. Is it a short flight or not? I have a stroller to carry so will need to consider that.

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
780 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Hi Carol,

Some further clarifications need your assistance. I believe the direction will be as follow,

http://goo.gl/maps/S4jvQ

Please correct me if I am wrong.

But, our planning is to shop around Myeongdong and then to Namsam Tunnel to take the Oreumi later to N Seoul Tower. It seems like if we walk through Myeongdong we will be further away from the Myeongdong Station and we will have to walk back all the way to the station and to Namsan Tunnel. ( please correct me again if I am wrong)

If this is the way, could we have any alternative way to get back to Namsan Tunnel without walking all the way back? Need suggestion and thanks in advance !

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking Direction from Myeongdong to Namsam Oreumi Elevator

Hi Sam,

After you get off of the cable car, there are still quite a few stairs to climb. I think we counted around 130 or so. But they are wide (in length, not depth), so you can pause if needed.

FYI - We were going to use the cable car for my elderly mother, but opted for the bus/hill-but-no-stairs route. The cable car & stairs would've been a better option. The hill was much steeper than we thought.