We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

birdie
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

Is there such a service from Seoul incheon airport to the city centre and thereafter for hire?

lawrence

singapore.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

In May this year, a group of us hired a vehicle and an English-speaking Korean driver to take us around. He picked us up from the airport and drove us directly to various places in the country. We covered the eastern part of the country, from Mt Seorak to Busan, in 8 days. If you are interested in engaging his services, he can be contacted at dugylee@hanmail.net."

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

Hi Ann232013 - do you know how much was his charges?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

His basis of charge would depend on the places you wish to visit, number of persons, the size of the vehicle to be used and the number of days of travel. Also, if the places are outside Seoul, the charges are likely to be higher because of the distances to be travelled.

It is therefore good that you liaise direct with him giving him your requirements - places to be visited, number of days of travel and number of persons.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

You can contact Park Sung Don via thisiskoreabb@gmail.com.

In Oct, they charges USD350 for touring within Seoul & Gyeonggi from 9am to 9pm per day.

You can google for their facebook page "This is Korea"

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
54 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

Is it per day or per person for Usd $350

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

USD350 per day. The English speaking driver serves as a guide too.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

I engaged Dugy through dugylee@hanmail.net and he found me another driver for my trip on 15 Nov 2013. On 15 Nov 2013, some other backup driver turned up instead. We were asked to pay first by Dugy over the phone while this backup driver was loading our suitcases.

When we were showed our seating, we felt shortchanged. Before trip, I already informed we were 7 pax and I asked for vehicle's passenger & luggage capacity. I was advised that it could take 9 pax with 5 suitcase of 24 inch & 4 suitcase of 20 inch. But we were 7 pax with 2 suitcases of 24 inches, 2 suitcase of 22 inch & 2 suitcase of 20 inch.

We were made to squeeze into 2 rows of passenger seats. The 7th pax had to sit on his parent's lap. It was a long distance from Incheon to Hapheon Image Theme Park, then Hapcheon Image Theme Park to a Busan. The vehicle was already loaded with few boxes of driver's stuff and he brought along a male friend whom he explained was a backup driver but his male friend drove only a short distance. He occupied the 1st row of seat, beside the driver. Abt 3 hours later, his male friend got off, with his girlfriend & a child boarding his van. Thorough the trip, he single handedly drove more than 7 hours and his girlfriend was not driving at all.

I will not recommend to engage his service.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with Mr Dugy's replacement driver on 15 Nov 2013. Hope that you have given feedback to Mr Dugy so that, if he needs to, he will not use this replacement driver in future.

Fortunately for us, our experience with Mr Dugy was a good one. My group of 6 adults first engaged him in May 2013. Our luggage comprised 3 pieces of 24 inches, 1 piece of 22 inches and 2 pieces of 20 inches. All 6 of us and our luggage fitted nicely in the van.

During that trip, we travelled for 8 days along the eastern coast of Korea. We had an enjoyable time seeing the sights and eating the Korean food at small restaurants that Mr Dugy brought us to.

We enjoyed the trip so much that we engaged Mr Dugy again in April this year. This time we travelled for 8 days along the western coast of Korea. We found places like Damyang, Boseong, Suncheon Bay, Namhae Island, Juwangsan and Andong Hahoe Village very beautiful in spring. The different types of food in these places were also very delicious.

One of my friends was sick soon after arrival at Incheon at 6am. As it was a Sunday, no clinics were open. So, Mr Dugy drove my friend to a hospital as she wanted to see a doctor. At the hospital, as we do not speak Korean, Mr Dugy had to interpret for us during the consultation and collection of the medicine.

There were two places we wanted to visit that day - Garden of Morning Calm and Hwaseong Fortress. In spite of the 2.5 hours we spent at the hospital, Mr Dugy ensured that we visited the 2 places. He only dropped us at the hotel at 10pm that night before driving off to his own lodging. It was a very long day for him.

We are grateful that he is such a responsible and kind person. My friend recovered the next day after taking the medicine. But, she developed rashes due to some allergy. As we were in the countryside then, he brought her to see a Korean doctor who practised Korean Traditional Medicine. We had the unique experience of watching the methods used in Korean Traditional Medicine.

Based on the experiences of our two trips with Mr Dugy, we would recommend him.

Singapore, Singapore
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

The process of engaging his service for just a day service was like taking a roller coaster ride.

Initially, I got his quote on our itinerary. After few emails exchanges, we decided to book his services. But he rejected it saying he may drive for Seoul if we need his Seoul services. He recommended his non-English speaking man. After much persuasion, he agreed to drive for us personally. Exactly one month later (12 days before my flight departure 14 Nov), he informed me that he couldn't drive for us due to his health condition saying it was too hard schedule for me and will find another driver for me. I didn't heard from him for next 5 days until I sent a chaser email. On 7 Nov, he replied but said we needed to pay at least KRW600K. An increase from USD500. On 12 Nov, he informed he found us a non-English speaking driver. We requested to shorten our itinerary, not to go Suncheon film set but to a similar venue, Hapcheon Image Theme Park which is nearer to Busan, our drop off point. On 13 Nov, he agreed to price reduction to KRW500K and this round, his friend wanted to drive for us. On 14 Nov, he emailed me his friend's name & contact. On 15 Nov, we arrived at Incheon airport but it was a different driver again.

Ironically, Mr Dugy couldn't drive for us for only a day job but he had the health condition to be engaged for your several days' job. Not once, but twice. It dawned to me that I was only a small time customer, as compared to bigger ticket customer. Service level differed greatly.

By all means, if you want to promote his service enthusiastically in this & many other posts, I will not respond as I have related my bad experience clearly & will not follow this post.

For me, once bitten, twice shy. I will not recommend his services nor his friends' service. I don't need another letdown experience while holidaying.

10. Re: minivans for hire with english speaking driver.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:15