We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

Which Seoul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

Will be travelling this mid April to Seoul, and can't decide between Hwagae & Jinhae for viewing cherry/whatever flowers blossoming. Wondering what does Hwagae and Jinhae have beside the blossoming flowers (markets? any other nice scenery / things to do near there? can I find gift markets near there?) I prefer going to the place where i can do a lot of things at once, since i only will be in Seoul for a few days. help me make my decision :D

Thank you in advance!

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

If your "mid April" means April 10 - 20, it will be too late to see cherry blossom in Gyeongsangnam-do province.

discoveringkorea.com/140302/…

Edited: 26 March 2014, 04:24
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

oh ! Thanks for the info. I will plan my itinerary based on the blossoming area gradually :D

my trip will be on 15-24.

Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

Due to the recent warm weather, the cherry blossoms are blooming earlier than expected. You'll want to stay in the north of the country where the blossoms bloom latest.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

oh i see :( so no cherry blossom on jeju then.

already planning to go jeju during 20-23. is the yellow flower in jeju still blooming?

if nothing is still in bloom, maybe i'd better cancel my jeju trip

and stay around seoul for a week++? (isn't that too long!!)

on the north of seoul, what will you recommend to pay a visit for couple? since i'll be travelling with my bf and we'd love to see nice scenery. ^^ thanks in advance!

Edited: 29 March 2014, 13:37
Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

15th April onwards would always be likely to be too late for cherry blossoms on Jeju, but cherry blossoms aren't the only flowers they have in Korea! After cherry blossoms come all the other spring flowers.

In Seoul, you could go to Gyeongbokgung Palace, it's quite romantic to walk around the grounds as it's very picturesque with the mountains in the background.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
250 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

Hi all, I'm going to Seoul on this Thursday! 3rd - 7th April 2014. I'm so excited now. So, which is the best place for me to go view the cherry blossoms? TIA!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

hello Michvoo! I'm not an expert but i did stumbled upon "kyung hee university in seoul" in someone's blog and is said to be a good place to view cherry blossom. I've never been there so I'd like to hear some advice from the experts too.

Debb199 suggested gyeokbokgung palace. I also heard from a friend that seokchon lake have a path beside the river and surrounded by cherry trees.

You're lucky, this year's blossom is earlier than usual, so your travel date actually benefit you! I hope when I am there (15-24), i still can see the blossoms.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

Re: Busan for cherry blossom

Hi there,

This my first visit to Busan, Korea

Already planning to go to Busan on 14th -21st April 2014.

Can I still see the cherry blossoms there.

Can you kindly tell and guide. How far is the distance from Gimhae International airport to Haeundae Beach?

If travel by transport ( bus or taxi ) what bus to travel there and how much is the fare cost ? . thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
250 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

Hi Agnes,

Yeah, I feel glad that I'm going this week. Alot of festival's date have been moved up. Now I'm planning to go for the Yeouido festival which begins on April 3 instead of April 13.

english.kbs.co.kr/news/news_view.html…

I'll post photos when I'm back yah ;)

10. Re: Hwagae or Jinhae for cherry blossom?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 05:16