We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Gimpo/Seoul?

9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving in Gimpo/Seoul?

Ok so wondering I am traveling to Gimpo area in June. I don't speak the language and understand signs in korean but we were thinking of renting a car. Are the signs in English too. Wondering how hard this would be to drive on our own there?

Likely To Sell Out
DMZ and JSA Panmunjom Tour from Seoul
284 reviews
from US$134.90*
Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul
118 reviews
from US$45.50*
Full-Day Essential Seoul Tour
51 reviews
from US$95.00*
Special Offer
Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ...
68 reviews
from US$39.60*
US$44.00
Daejeon, South Korea
Level Contributor
2,817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Gimpo/Seoul?

Signs are mostly in English as well as Korean, BUT unless you are VERY used to driving in a huge, unfamiliar city with very heavy traffic, drivers of other vehicles whose road habits may be very different to your own, lack of parking....then I would avoid driving in Seoul like the plague!!!

Also Seoul has an extensive subway/train network which will usually get you to where you want to cheaper and quicker than by car, so there is really no need for visitors to drive!

Edited: 01 April 2014, 22:13
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in Gimpo/Seoul?

Thank you! The area we are staying is outside of Seoul and it would be only to and from apartments to our hotel for the most part because it would be cheaper than taxi I think. If we adventured into Seoul we would definitely take bus and subway. Do you think that would be ok?

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,522 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in Gimpo/Seoul?

i guess debb means should not use cars getting around within Seoul, but it will be nice to drive in Gimpo, Paju, Koyang and Incheon cities, where it is less crowded.

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving in Gimpo/Seoul?

Thank you! Perfect!

Have you ever used the English GPS in Korea and thoughts if it works well?

5. Re: Driving in Gimpo/Seoul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:16