We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of living and genwral atmospher

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
cost of living and genwral atmospher

How inexpensive is it to live here?... i want to be by the beach tropical setting...a hostel w/ air con...and a pool...how many US dollars per month can one survive on....nothing fancy..an occasional boat excursion....and shopping....are there street food vendors?....i am very interested in picking up and moving...but only have about $750/month to work with....is this doable?...are the people fiendly?.....please advise with ANY information....thanks.....Laura

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
273 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of living and genwral atmospher

i think you will find most people are friendly. i think you might find housing the most expensive as well as electricity. but things like fish and local fruit are very cheap. shopping will be ok for the basics, nothing fancy.

i dont think you will find many pools in the FSM.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of living and genwral atmospher

Hv lb lclhhl gk kg lh lfzkflg

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
555 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of living and genwral atmospher

Nor many beaches. Pohnpei is a mangrove island meaning lack of beaches although I understand that there is now a new man-made beach with lots of turtles. And when I was there (admittedly about 10 years ago) there were two pools- one in an embassy, one at one of the hotels. Kosrae has lots of beaches and is in many ways the notion of a classic tropical paradise- looks like a childs picture of what such an island looks like. Chuuk is brilliant for wreck diving but not so good for anything on shore.

4. Re: cost of living and genwral atmospher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2017, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Federated States of...
More Federated States of Micronesia Topics