We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airlines and alexnadria airport

north east england
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
airlines and alexnadria airport

Does anyone know which airlines fly to alexandria airport. I flew there last year from some european country but can't remember for the life of me what airline or country i flew from!!!

Also, are there two airports in alexnadria?

Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airlines and alexnadria airport

Hi Heather,

Yes there are two airports in Alex, Nozha ( the rough guide says it is used by Lufthansa, Olympic and Egypt air). Last year we flew into the other airport (burg al-arab) with Emirates, this one is the main one. It is pretty ordinary though and definately not what I expected! lol

Nefertari

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airlines and alexnadria airport

BMI, Olympic, Austrian and Lufthansa fly to Alexandria. I think all international flights now land in Borg El Arab. The terminal there is only a temporary one. The Airport was a military air base used for civilian aviation only recently. A modern terminal is now under constriction. After its completion, Nozha will be closed and all traffic will move to the new Airport.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airlines and alexnadria airport

Thats good news Darsh!

Nef

4. Re: airlines and alexnadria airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 16:20