We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

I will have a lot to say about this company in the coming months. I don't even know where to begin, since the list is so long and my anger at BestWay so great. I'll start by saying that Dahlia, who answered her phone when we were planning the trip, never again answered it once problems arose. Nor could I ever speak with a manager. But there's time for all of this in the coming months. To start:

Ahmed, our snake of a contact, tried to trip me off the first day we were there. Paying in different currencies (euros and Egyptian pounds), I asked Ahmed if we could find out the exchange rate for that day. He told me he knew the rate, which I accepted, and found out later he had changed by a considerable amount. More importantly, he insisted that we owed a given amount, but when I did the calculation with the aid of pencil and paper the amount was 400 pounds less--a difference of 80 dollars. Ahmed acted like this difference was completely natural and that he had not been trying to rob us. But rob us he did when we returned to Cairo, and about this I have plenty more to say. Now that I am returned home, and have had a truly disgusting experience with disreputable, dishonest people, I urge you not to use this company. There are many others that won't make your trip an agonizing experience.

Upinatree
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

Sorry to hear you had such a crap time. It's horrible how a few people can ruin what could have been something great. Least now you can share your experience with other travelers.

And please don't be put off returning to Egypt - not everyone will be out to con you, promise.

x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with this travel company.

This subject is very interesting to me, as on the Cairo forum - this company is on our list of recommendations. So hope to have more details from you in order to make a proper evaluation.

Regards

Wendy

Adana, Turkey
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

Wow,

This is one of the companies I emailed wth extensively while planning my trip to Egypt, and you are right Dahlia really was very helpful in the planning stages. I did find a bad review on another site, and ended up going with a tour guide instead.

www.touregyptforums.com/index.php…

Adana, Turkey
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

oops, Hit the wrong button, the above link is to a forum on another site that has some reviews of tour companies. This is not the one I read before I left as, I has already decided against them when that post was made based on reading this older thread:

www.touregyptforums.com/index.php…

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

What a shame! I just hope that it didn't ruin your trip too much.

Well done for making it public though - at least others will be forewarned and it will certainly be a counter balance to the recommendation of them.

So sorry that you were robbed.

egypt
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

The Gentleman forgot to mention that he was refunded by a bank transfer for the wrongs done to him , a copy of the bank draft is available for anyone who asks for a proof for the refund

7. Re: Best Way provided the worst travel experience of my life.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 00:17