We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for tour guides in Luxor and Cairo

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for tour guides in Luxor and Cairo

Can anyone recommend knowledgeable tour guides for 2 independent travelers? We'll be in Cairo ~5 days and in Upper Egypt about 10 days, probably March '09.

Thanks, La Tejedora

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for tour guides in Luxor and Cairo

I just returned from Luxor and I can tell you NOT to hire Tayeb Omran. First time I got a recommendation from this site that I was not pleased! First, he smokes a lot( for us being non smokers, we didn't like having smoke in our face in the car. His car is not air-conditioned, although he did get one for us. He was extremely pushy...when I asked him the price, he kept saying "dont worry, I give you good price". He made us wait two times on the second day, leaving us at the site once for twenty minutes, and another for over 30 minutes,,,and it was in sweltering heat. Then, after we said we just wanted to go back to the hotel, I don't know if he was upset about this or not, but he drove like a maniac. Across from the hotel there was a company who booked tours, and for just a little more, you got an air-conditioned limosine with a guide.

2. Re: Recommendations for tour guides in Luxor and Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 04:17