We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

using Face Mask in Eqypt is OK?

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
612 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
using Face Mask in Eqypt is OK?

I'm allergic to any kind of smoke especially cigarettes and car pollution, Is it ok to use face mask within egypt?

Thanks for your help!

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: using Face Mask in Eqypt is OK?

Of course.

Stanford-Le-Hope...
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: using Face Mask in Eqypt is OK?

Hi there i don't see why not, i take it you mean the sort of face masks cyclists use.

Also a tip if you are also allergic to horses or camels, the smell can be strong, i am very allergic to horses and camels so for me the smell was really strong, i must have a super smelling nose. lol... Take antihistamines with you. I did and needed them every day.

Julie. xx

Newark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
612 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: using Face Mask in Eqypt is OK?

cheesebgr & sindy08

Thank you for your prompt response. I will use a mask that usually construction workers used, the one comes with carbon? it eliminates odors & dusts w/c I used it when I was inside temples of Tibet with all kinds of incents, & as well as inside the bathroom, it helps a lot, I saw people looking at me, but I have to do it inorder not to get sick and few times I took zyrtec, too.

Have a great day!! Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: using Face Mask in Eqypt is OK?

Cairo is usually heavy with smog because of all the car exhaust fumes and restaurants can be smokey because cigarette smoking is permitted in eating areas. Ask for non-smoking ares in restaurants if they have them. I have travelled previosly with a friend who wore a mask because of her acute allergies and she also carried medications to keep the allergies under control and it seemed to work well for her. If you are travelling to Alex, Luxor or Aswan there is no where near the problem with car exhaust pollution but the dust could be a problem.

5. Re: using Face Mask in Eqypt is OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 08:20